I dont understand why. PICS

HI Feather Finder! I PMED you with some help for your situation! Hopefully it will help you and you BF come to agreement on pets! I know a solution is out there, you just gotta be crafty sometimes to figure it out!

Nettie- Thank you so much for the great ideas!

Yes I am much happier now and thank you everyone for all the support.

A few people asked to see pictures so here are my happy babies!
I was told they were both indian runners from the place that they were bout but now as they grow it looks like a runner and a black swedish.

Killer and Princess
86908_15.jpg

Killer
86908_17.jpg

86908_11.jpg

86908_11.jpg

Princess
86908_13.jpg

86908_14.jpg

86908_16.jpg

So he gets you ducklings and then they grow up and you get attached to them. They're your pets, not his. It's not his decision, and like everyone else said, I would kick him out
smack.gif
because he sounds like a jerk. He needs to realize that you can't just get an animal then get rid of it. By the way you should keep this in mind, your pets are your best friends and will never let you down while most people will. I'm not saying to become the crazy duck lady (though I wish I was...) ok I'm gonna stop talking
duc.gif

Last edited:
As a married man and father of two children I have a definate opinion on this. My wife was abused by her first husbans. Started with controlling the money and directing her around the apartment. Restricting her consumption of cigarettes, and everything else. Limiting her ability to reach out to her friends and family. At first glance this man was not so bad, a little bit of an a** but okay in most regards. When it came to his wife he felt he had to control her at all times.

Any man who would give a pet as a gift, then without regard to the animal or the woman, change his mind and make her get rid of it has no moral fiber. This is a man who treats life as a commodity. The situation will only get worse if you were to have kids together. I would recommend you stand up to him and see what happens. He may have a true love for you and overcome his issues if he is called on the carpet about it. If he does not, get away from him while you still can. I cannot tell you how bad it is to be in a relationship with the wrong person and have kids.

God bless and keep

Jason

Thank you Jason... that was well said and you looked at the root of the issue-I agree with you completely. You must have a happy family and proud wife...
I don't like the idea of choosing animals, or other's opinions over a relationship, man bashing or women ganging up together and screeching... but this clearly was a surface problem that indicated far worse things ahead...and every woman here recognized these early warning signs. I see many of these women have husbands they are proud of, so bashing doesn't seem too consistent with a healthy relationship. One thing I don't think has been made clear is that this particular 'man' is hardly that... he is 20... and though I know many men who were 'men' at that age... I know quite a lot more who haven't quite gotten to that point yet and may never get there. A good character makes a man, and this appears absent in the yound person in question.​

Quote:
I'm sorry you are in this situation, but if you are willing to stay with a guy who treats you and your pets badly then maybe it would be in the best interest of the ducks to be rehomed. I know you love them but he is obviously being mean to them when you are not around.....

Quote:
Thank you Jason... that was well said and you looked at the root of the issue-I agree with you completely. You must have a happy family and proud wife...
I don't like the idea of choosing animals, or other's opinions over a relationship, man bashing or women ganging up together and screeching... but this clearly was a surface problem that indicated far worse things ahead...and every woman here recognized these early warning signs. I see many of these women have husbands they are proud of, so bashing doesn't seem too consistent with a healthy relationship. One thing I don't think has been made clear is that this particular 'man' is hardly that... he is 20... and though I know many men who were 'men' at that age... I know quite a lot more who haven't quite gotten to that point yet and may never get there. A good character makes a man, and this appears absent in the yound person in question.

I absolutely agree, Jason very well put, I like that you started with how the abuse usually starts and proceeds, and ended with, when you get out of situation that there is someone that you are right for and is right for you and there can be a happily ever after.
I didn't realize that the boy was 20 that is certainly a young age and possibly he could grow into a good man someday I sure hope so, but I also believe that if he gets away with treating her with disrespect chances are he will continue to do it, So I hope and pray that this will be a learning experience for him too and help him grow into a better person and treat people in general with a little more thought and kindness. Feather Finder seems like a very sweet person and maybe losing her over this will make him re-think how he is handling hisself and what his actions could cost him.

Back
Top Bottom