Why HOA!?

Chill Leopard GIF

I don't think he's wrong. You can do as you please but don't be upset when people have suggestions that you don't like. And everyone does experience anxiety, you may experience it more than others, that's all.
Unfortunately, “we all have anxiety” is an argument some naive people will use to mean, “your anxiety isn’t that bad, stop complaining.” I can understand why Duckyduck was upset, as they probably have diagnosed anxiety, and hear this arguement a lot, but I do still agree with what you’ve said. Everyone DOES experience it, although not as much as those who’ve been diagnosed.

Unfortunately, “we all have anxiety” is an argument some naive people will use to mean, “your anxiety isn’t that bad, stop complaining.” I can understand why Duckyduck was upset, as they probably have diagnosed anxiety, and hear this arguement a lot, but I do still agree with what you’ve said. Everyone DOES experience it, although not as much as those who’ve been diagnosed.
I'm not naive and it wasn't meant as an argument.
We do all have anxiety. And of course some worse then others. It's not a contest and a diagnoses doesn't necessarily mean what level someone has.
Some people just don't have great coping skills to deal with their anxiety. Others can be very much needing help but would never seek it.
The emotional support animal thing has just about reach the level of being a joke. And the joke is on the people that could truly benefit from having one. And the ones making it a joke is the ones using it or suggesting others do to get around laws or HOAs.

Oh absolutely, I'm not trying to say anyone's struggle is insignificant simply because everyone experiences it at some point. I was simply agreeing that the feeling of anxiety is a shared experience, all of us humans feel it eventually. That doesn't mean that diagnosed anxiety is easier, just that it's a relatable, and most people feel less anxiety when they have animals they love around them, so again, a shared experience.
I don't know why any of this even had to be clarified, nobody was being pissy till someone dared to point out the fact that anxiety doesn't mean you get what you want and transcend all authority.

Last edited:
Owning animals you are not permitted to have just because you want them and will eventually be forced to surrender is selfish and cruel to the animal. If you care for animals the way you say you do then save your money, buy a home where you are permitted to own the animals you want, and do it the right way. OP has a history of this through her short time using this platform and should be reported.

Back
Top Bottom