Why HOA!?

Birdsarelife

Chirping
Mar 11, 2024
Colorado
Hi. I’m here regarding the HOA and ducks. I want to buy an Indian runner duck, but my neighborhood has an HOA that doesn’t allow birds of any kind. I want to keep at least two or three of them secretly, but I’m scared they are going to find out and fine me. What do y’all recommend I do? Help would be much appreciated.😊

Don't do it. I was on the board of my HOA and they are required to follow the rules and fine you, especially if someone complains. It would be heartbreaking for you to have to rehome your ducks. Instead, lobby for an exception if you think that's possible, or get yourself on the board and change the rules. It's all super complicated and legalese, and awful. I am still our HOA secretary and can't wait to be off of it.

I will be careful. If I have to get them removed, is it best to just give them to a trusted friend? Then I could visit it. And my neighbors are all very kind and not Karen’s thankfully! 😅 Are Indian Runner ducks quiet? I think they are very cute, are have done lots of research on them, so I thought they would make a good pet?

Thanks y’all! I will take your guys advice!❤️

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom