I don't want my chickens anymore!

Sometimes, I get like that, getting irritated at things I used to really like. I find that getting out and spending sometime where you are not responsible for anything other than yourself. The last time I did that was a couple of weeks ago, I went to a friends' farm and learned how to bale hay. We baled 488 small square bales that day. Anyway, I would suggest finding a chicken sitter and take a weekend off.

Quote:
I can't really answer that for you but I once had a wife I felt the same way about.

yuckyuck.gif

JJ

Are you seriously depressed? (I mean more than just a little blue.) I know when my meds aren't working I don't care about ANY of my pets as much.

I too, want to ask if there are some major things going on in your life apart from the chickens? I am on medication for chronic depression - when I start slipping, I find I dislike all the things that used to make me happy. It ends up that it's not particuliar things that irritate me - IT"S me. I could be dropped into paradise and I would feel the same.

I'm not trying to say that has to be the case with you. Maybe you really just need some time off to take care of you, or to be with people that allow you to talk & listen to you without being judgemental. Could you delegate work/responsibilites to other family members- you may be just overworked. If it persists whether you get rid of the chickens or not, maybe you should see your physician.

Quote:
I was thinking that or burnt out.

When I have bad days I just want everyone, DH, dog, cats, chickens, goats and ponies to GO AWAY!!! But next day I can't imagine life without the critters. DH on the other hand...

I'm sorry your feeling this way but I'll bet if you do rehome them you'll have chickens in the future. Also you said you breed them, how many do you have? The solution might be as simple as keeping less if you have a lot and it's too much work.
hugs.gif

When I get that way it is often just time to take off on the Harley for a couple days, I give the wife a kiss, hug the kids and grand kids and off I go... Get home and it's all good again!

I am leaving on Friday for just such a trip
cool.png

Sometimes we just need a break from the usual....

I'm sure there are people on here that would take them from you if you decided that you didn't want to keep them. Good luck and I'm sorry you are feeling this way suddenly

Hope you are feeling better! I went through a bad time a while back ( Menopause? Depression? Trying to get off pain meds? Nervous breakdown? All of the above?) I dropped over 30 pounds without trying in less than month and wished like crazy that I hadn't gotten chickens or my dog because I got hardly deal with taking care of them (I also told my husband I wanted a divorce!). But, honestly, they are what kept me going and getting out of bed every morning. Sometimes, I would go outside and just sit and hold my chickens and cry. I went to the doctor, who was very sweet and helpful (my daughter had to drive me...I was that bad). I am fine, now, and love my animals again and am so glad I have them! I hope you feel better soon. It sounds like this is unusual for you and like you are even surprised at yourself for feeling this way. I did, too. I pray you feel better and that life is good for you!!

Back
Top Bottom