I dyed my eggs tonight! - UPDATED!! They're Hatching!! *GRAPHIC PIC*

Quote:
Revival animal health sells needles, any size and for pretty cheap.

Thanks, I'll check it out
smile.png

I checked online about laws in Washington state before i dyed any. They sell colored chicks at the feed store near me at Easter time also.

These are all mutt eggs that i dyed, but like i said, the duck eggs were by accident. The parents of those were BEI & grey call ducks so the coloring would have been a bit useless if i had done it on purpose.

Also, These chicks are all for my own flock. we lost most all of our chickens babies (mutt flock) like 1.5yrs ago to a horrid case of cocci that a little polish brought in. he was treated and quarantined but apparently didn't get it all out of his system in the month he was separated. I wanted to practice before i tried to use it for Important purposes.

Our chickens are all for egg laying & pets. That's why we have so many roosters!! (6 out of 27 chickens)
tongue2.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
I would not think it is illegal since a lot of hatcheries sell dyed chicks and ducks at easter time and they ship them all over the country but I am sure there are places that have created laws in regards to them. Seems silly though because it won't hurt the embryos at all.

Most all of my eggs are due this coming week. I've been watching them like a hawk, lol. The ducklings should be last to hatch, sometime around the weekend i think. I lost track a little but i am just as excited as all of you! will be sure to post pics as soon as one pips & pops out
smile.png

-Raynie

Back
Top Bottom