I feel stupid. lol

Bubbles8i8

In the Brooder
9 Years
Mar 14, 2010
Bristol
I don't post often but this just made me feel so stupid I had to share and laugh at myself for a bit.
tongue.png

I have 2 Ancona chicks that are about 6 weeks old. I have a lot going on in my life so don't always pay close attention to EVERYTHING, but noticed that one was always a little bit smaller. We had been hearing this WEIRD noise coming from the brooder-- like such an odd noise that shouldn't come from pullets. Also, last night as I was cleaning out the brooder, I noticed the bigger chick had a larger comb than the smaller one.

Well today we heard that strange noise again and it hit me like a ton of bricks. OMG I HAVE A ROO!!! lol

Yeah, so I feel totally stupid for not putting 2 and 2 together before. Obviously the one with the large comb making WEIRD non-pullet semi-crowing sounds is a boy!! DUH.
lol.png

So now I just have to find somebody who wants a cute Ancona roo. hehe

I could have written this! Why are the obvious answers so elusive at times?

Recently, I was beyond frustrated when my computer froze. I had just called my mom for our family jam recipe. I told her I'd have to call her back because I had no way of writing down the recipe. She suggested a pencil. Seriously! It didn't even occur to me!
he.gif

gig.gif

When my adult birds were young they were livng on our screened porch - took way too long to build their coop (don't ask
roll.png
). Anyways early one morning my DH kept jumping out of bed, coming back for a few minutes and then jumping out of bed again. I finally asked him what was the matter. He said he thought he heard one of the dogs choking. So I listened. It was my baby roo practicing.

Moral of this story? Don't feel like the lone ranger.

P.S. My DH is a farm boy, born and bred.
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom