I feel terrible

apbgv

Crowing
15 Years
Jan 13, 2007
Iowa
I went out to put some bedding in the coop and found my dear little Rose in the pond:hit They avoided it last year great but I guess they got confused when it froze back up and then started to melt today. I just feel awful the silkies are just now seeing me as not so scarey and come when called, just sick about this, its all my fault:hit Thanks for listening

Oh crud!!!
I've heard that if you have rocks that they can use to climb out of the water, that they should be okay. If I have Penny in the house, I make sure the toilet lid is closed...
I'm so sorry. ((HUGS)))

Amy, sorry to hear about the accident. This is the hardest part to keeping any livestock. Things happen sometimes and we learn from them, but don't beat yourself and continue to do your best, that's all we can do.
love.gif

bigzio

No, it's not all your fault. Don't beat yourself up, these things happen.
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. :aww
Hang in there, and enjoy your silkies.

So sorry to hear you lost your bird. What happened, exactly? I'm curious as I also have a small pond, not too deep and only 5' by 3' but I guess it does'nt take much to drown. What do people do when they have ponds? I thought most chickens might avoid them. Just wondering.

Oh Amy I'm sorry to hear about that. Don't beat yourself up about it. :aww I lost a chick this year because I didn't get the marbles back into their waterer.

Ohhh Amy...im so sorry about your loss.
hugs.gif
Its not your fault...its all HIS plan. We are just the caretakers. Please dont beat yourself up on this....Im sure she had a great life...maybe something spooked her and she ran in?

Thanks everyone. My pond is only 5' by 8' but only one side has a shelf with rocks and of course she mus have been on the other, this is asmall goldfish pond that I built about 12 yrs ago BC (before chicks) The ice is only half melted on it and I think she thought it was all icey and more than likely hypothermia got her before anything. I still feel bad guess thats what makes me a good tech I put a lot of energy into caring for my charges even if they aren't mine but then if they don't make it I am always maybe if I did this or that Just need time to heal:)

Back
Top Bottom