Newbie with storms and chickens

Coopcheney

Songster
May 21, 2023
New Jersey
Hi everyone! I have had my first flock now over a month. Today we got a huge storm and we have shelter for the girls to get out of the rain but I found them on the side of the house huddled together. So I showed them where to go and they seemed to understand that they can wait the storm out under the shelter we built…but they are soaked.I feel like a terrible person!! They are ok and in shelter but I just feel terrible!!

yep. look like giant wet rats and no matter what i do they just go back out into it. even in the middle of hurricanes they do what they want unless i lock them in then they pout
I tried putting them in the coop and they flew out like nope!! It’s nice to know I’m not a horrible person. I get so bad. Thank you so much for your reply!

I tried putting them in the coop and they flew out like nope!! It’s nice to know I’m not a horrible person. I get so bad. Thank you so much for your reply!
if your that worried about them then it shows how much you care and in fact doesn't make you a bad person. a bad person doesn't care.

As long as they know the shelter is there (like throwing in some treats may help them look at it more favorably) and know how to get in and out of it, I'd just leave them to do as they please.

Back
Top Bottom