I finally built my coop thanks to all of you! LOTS of Pics!

Quote:
Well pattern after your's and it works great. Just have to tilt it a bit so the flow is consistant, otherwise, great storage and with the screw top very easy to keep dry.

Thanks for the idea.

Anyone else built one yet?

DUDE.. I love the feeder:)
smile.png

Last edited:
Ok, so we are going to need detailed blueprints of that little coop there. And we'll also need a memo on the feeder!

That is all very clever! I am really digging the feeder! Think I am going to look at building myself one of those instead of having to shovel feed in there twice a day....

Love the coop! You have inspired me for my second coop. One question though, did you use shingles for the roof, it didn't look like it? How will you keep it from leaking? Because I have been thinking of also doing the style of roof that you used that was hinged and lifted up, but was concerned about leaking.

Hi ChickenFever! Actually, at first, I put singles on the roof but it turned out to be too heavy to easily lift. So, I hinged the section in the gable and covered it with just one row of shingles at the gable nailed only on the side that doesn't move; and one row of ridge singles on top. This has worked out well. When I open it, the shingles just slide freely and move right back when closed. I hope this makes sense! Good luck building your new coop!
big_smile.png

It is beautiful and certainly no neighbor can complain (unless you get a roo). perfect example of architecture at it's finest for blending and harmonizing with surroundings. It is so small and low that I am wondering about the heat buildup during warm days. I keep a thermometer in mine. Heat is a far more common cause of poultry death than cold is. You might consider two small vents at the highest point on each side. Another consideration would be to add some styrofoam on the inside of the roof deck, or better yet, the whole thing, walls too. The pink stuff you find at home improvement centers would do well. Just glue it up with either contact cement or liquid nails. Is it chicken wire or hardware cloth screening? Reason I ask is that coons rip chicken wire up like it isn't even there, and they are expert climbers as well as not too shabby diggers either. If you have a dog out there 24-7 tho, not to worry.

Back
Top Bottom