1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I finally did it.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Ec_Prokta, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Ec_Prokta

Ec_Prokta Continuum Shift Anomaly

Jan 14, 2009
    Finally, I broke up with my boyfriend. We actually parted on pretty decent terms, too. I told him that I wanted to explore the world and I didn't want to be bogged down by a relationship, and he said that he would just wait for me. After asking when I would come back, I told him that even I didn't know since Life is so unpredictable, and he understood.

I did cry when he told me that he loved me for the final time, but now I can fully move on from him. It's like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders.

[​IMG]

2. Fierlin1182

Fierlin1182 powered-flight

Aug 26, 2011
    Really glad for you!
    The fact that he'd wait for you makes him sound like a really awesome guy.
    I agree with moving on and living your own life first though. [​IMG]

3. aubreynoramarie

aubreynoramarie designated lawn flamingo

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    [​IMG] now THAT sounds like a very healthy breakup. kudos to you both for handling it maturely. I wish more people handled things that way

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I didnt even KNOW you had a boyfriend! [​IMG]

And I'm very glad for you that it went well, and you 2 are still friends!! Thats great! [​IMG]

5. EmtheFishLady

EmtheFishLady We're all mad here Premium Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    Through my painkiller haze I had to give you a hug and tell you way to go. Breakups are never easy, and I know you probably are a little sad tonight too, I always am after I break up with someone. [​IMG] This is for the best, you knew that, and I'm proud of you. Now, put on your bucket so as to avoid such nonsense in the future.

Edited because...well, I'm on narcotics. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  6. Ec_Prokta

Jan 14, 2009
    Quote:Em! [​IMG] Thank you for posting, but you really should be resting now... [​IMG] The bucket shall now be firmly planted upon my head. [​IMG]

7. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    OOh yes, thats right!! You youngsters are SUPPOSED to be wearing your buckets... [​IMG]

Buckets,... and a blanket for a dress... just cut a hole in it , and put your head through...

8. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    [​IMG] Remember even with the bucket it's OK to peek out every now and then to see what might be available. [​IMG] Just nothing serious. [​IMG]

9. bluesub

bluesub Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2011
    Pittsburgh
    Good job EC,

Although you might want to distance yourself for a little bit, so that he doesn't keep "waiting around." It sounds like he thinks you will eventually come back, and I am guessing you are not planning on getting back together with him.

Keep the bucket on!!!

10. Ec_Prokta

Jan 14, 2009
    Quote:Now that you mention it, that would be a very good idea. I'm already doing this exact thing with another guy who still hasn't gotten over me, and if he winds up finding out about this... [​IMG]

Thanks, Blue. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by