I finally got eggs

windyacre1

In the Brooder
Mar 21, 2017
upstate N.Y.
It has been a couple weeks now and i am getting eggs. Some are very small, some not so bad and a couple good sized eggs, I have Rhode island Reds, thought they were suppose to be big and good egg layers? Will they get bigger in time? Also some days I only get 5 eggs instead of 6 what is up with that? Also now that they are laying i should give them layers correct and they are in an outside pen for at least 6 hours on the week days and 16 hours on the week end so should I give them oyster crack?

Yes you should be giving them layers feed now. I had my first eggs last week too but I know they get bigger because mine have already started to. I'm soo exited for you.

Egg size will increase and stabilize in the next several weeks.... and each bird will develop a more consistent rate of production. As each bird does not ut lay every single day your daily egg totals will vary. What breeds of hens did you have? You may see an average of anywhere from 1 or 2 -6 eggs per week per hen depending.

Egg size will increase and stabilize in the next several weeks.... and each bird will develop a more consistent rate of production. As each bird does not ut lay every single day your daily egg totals will vary. What breeds of hens did you have? You may see an average of anywhere from 1 or 2 -6 eggs per week per hen depending.
I have rhode Island Reds

OK Thanks good to know.

Back
Top Bottom