I finally have a pip! Update Finally Here!! * Pictures added *

Oh my. how beautiful!

please tell me what you mean when you say you got a pip?
I am new to all this and am trying to learn the lingo. Thanks

A pip is when the chick inside the egg shell makes a crack in the air sac with its egg tooth or beak to hatch around the big end of the egg...anywhere from the 3/4ths of the way up the egg...

The pip is the first teeniest crack when a chick starts to hatch then it makes a tiny flap of shell and its beak plays peck a boo with you until you think you will go nuts, then and mind you only when you have hit the breaking point of thinking you are seeing things they zip , peck all around the eggs at about the same level as the first pip, then they just pop out, mine pipped yeststerday morning at 8:30 and hatched this afternoon at 5:30 it was a long couple of days.

It just takes patience for us humans that the chick has to come along way from a pip to zipping his way out of the egg......sometimes a pip and zip sometimes 24 hours or more...they are amazing to watch, I never ever get tired of watching...

Oh my. you all made me feel like I am experiencing this with you. Wonderful explainations. Thank you so much!!

wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom