I forgot how fun Dyeing eggs can be! Pics included!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by bossynbella, Mar 19, 2008.

1. bossynbella

bossynbella Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2007
    Iowa
    I havn't dyed eggs since I was like 10 and having no children (yet) Have had no reason to do so. However I work at a Daycare and decided to take some of my brown eggs in for the Toddlers to dye. I bought the $1 egg kit from Dollar General and Really didn't know what to expect. The eggs turned out wonderfully and the kids had so much fun. I did hard boil them, and I'm glad they had such thick shells because one little girl kept pounding hers on the table while she waited for her turn, AND IT DIDN"T CRACK!!!!
    okay enough jabbering here are the pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I didn't think the orange and green would turn out and looking at them dry I think they are my favorites.

2. ilovemychickies

ilovemychickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow! Those are beautiful eggs! Great job. We're going to be coloring some tomorrow. I can't wait!

3. gamebirdsonly

gamebirdsonly Overrun With Chickens

Mar 5, 2007
    UTAH
    i wish chickens could really lay those colors.

4. Stormhorse23

Stormhorse23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2007
    Indiana
    Quote:Eventually, I will create a mutant chicken that will rule the world. With PurpleChicken's help of course, we will create a orange/blue/pink/green egg laying silkie. [​IMG]

5. cknmom

cknmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2007
    Dickson TN
    Great vivid colors!!

Monica

6. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Quote:Eventually, I will create a mutant chicken that will rule the world. With PurpleChicken's help of course, we will create a orange/blue/pink/green egg laying silkie. [​IMG]

You can create them. Just add different colored water to different waterers. 1 can be orange water, the other can be red. and bam easter eggs. Just add alot of food coloring lol

^^^ joking

7. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    I have a pot of beet juice cooling that I am going to do some eggs in and another with onion skins. I want to try natural dye with my brown eggs this time. I do have kids but I want to do it myself. LOL Your eggs are just lovely!

8. Boggy Bottom Bantams

Boggy Bottom Bantams Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Hahira, GA

LOL! Let me know when you guys get done creating this mutant chicken! I want to be the first to buy the eggs!!! [​IMG]

9. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Sooo.... you can dye the brown eggs, and they come out those colors? I have two brown layers and one cream color layer, I was just going to use the eggs from Dorothy's cream colored eggs.

Do the brown ones have to soak longer?

They came out gorgeous!

10. sara

sara Title Needed Here

How pretty! I didn't think the brown eggs would color so nicely. I've been saving the eggs from my one white egg layer for the boys to color, but i don't even have a dozen yet. I'll have to let them try a couple brown eggs too. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by