I forgot how fun Dyeing eggs can be! Pics included!

bossynbella

Songster
12 Years
Aug 11, 2007
Iowa
I havn't dyed eggs since I was like 10 and having no children (yet) Have had no reason to do so. However I work at a Daycare and decided to take some of my brown eggs in for the Toddlers to dye. I bought the $1 egg kit from Dollar General and Really didn't know what to expect. The eggs turned out wonderfully and the kids had so much fun. I did hard boil them, and I'm glad they had such thick shells because one little girl kept pounding hers on the table while she waited for her turn, AND IT DIDN"T CRACK!!!!
okay enough jabbering here are the pictures.

eastereggs2mar08.jpg

eastereggsmar08.jpg

I didn't think the orange and green would turn out and looking at them dry I think they are my favorites.

Quote:
Eventually, I will create a mutant chicken that will rule the world. With PurpleChicken's help of course, we will create a orange/blue/pink/green egg laying silkie.
cool.png

Quote:
Eventually, I will create a mutant chicken that will rule the world. With PurpleChicken's help of course, we will create a orange/blue/pink/green egg laying silkie.
cool.png

You can create them. Just add different colored water to different waterers. 1 can be orange water, the other can be red. and bam easter eggs. Just add alot of food coloring lol

^^^ joking

I have a pot of beet juice cooling that I am going to do some eggs in and another with onion skins. I want to try natural dye with my brown eggs this time. I do have kids but I want to do it myself. LOL Your eggs are just lovely!

Quote:
cool.png

LOL! Let me know when you guys get done creating this mutant chicken! I want to be the first to buy the eggs!!!
lol.png

Sooo.... you can dye the brown eggs, and they come out those colors? I have two brown layers and one cream color layer, I was just going to use the eggs from Dorothy's cream colored eggs.

Do the brown ones have to soak longer?

They came out gorgeous!

How pretty! I didn't think the brown eggs would color so nicely. I've been saving the eggs from my one white egg layer for the boys to color, but i don't even have a dozen yet. I'll have to let them try a couple brown eggs too.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom