I found a chicken

Bless you, Chickenlover88. I know your rescued hen appreciates all you do for her. Lots of hugs to her!
hugs.gif

Here is a small update. She is living in a large rabbit hutch (10 ft x 3ft) during the day and in a dog kennel at night. Since she smelled like a chicken house and I have to handle her on a regular basis I gave her a bath. She now smells good. While I was blow drying her she layed a medium sized brown egg right in my lap. lol Oh and I found out that there is an eye on the side I thought there wasn't one. Her eyelids are just swollen and bruised. Her eye is actually starting to open now. Here are some pics I took of her laying out in the sun yesterday. Her very first time in the grass.

DSCF3453.jpg

DSCF3455.jpg

DSCF3464.jpg

DSCF3468.jpg

DSCF3469.jpg

DSCF3472.jpg

DSCF3476.jpg

If I wasn't such a cynic I'd swear that bird has a grateful look to her.

Nice pics and nice job. Keep this one updated.

Happy to hear she layed an egg. That's a good sign.

That's a possibility, she could be that rare Cornish female of the commercial line that escaped the food truck and now has found a new home that she can enjoy grass and the outdoors.

On a slightly side topic, she might be that model for what backyarders want to look for in the girls of their own strains of meat birds.

How much does she weigh? My guess is that if she is about 10 lbs or so, she is a breeder instead of a cross meant for the slaughter house at 8 weeks. She is defiantly looking better though.

Back
Top Bottom