*** I FOUND AN ORGANIC nonGMO CHICKEN FEED YOU GUYS!!! ((VIDEO)) ***

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by mat2dong, Nov 2, 2012.

1. mat2dong

mat2dong Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2012
    So, I been looking for a organic nonGMO chicken feed and I think I've found the one for me!!! What are you feeding your girls and are you trying to feed them organic nonGMO?

Please post what your feeding your girls!!

2. countrygoddess

countrygoddess Chillin' With My Peeps

I SO wanted to buy this feed when I decided to go soy-free with EVERYTHING but it's made way out in my home state and shipping was prohibitive. This feed looks great--lucky you to be able to get it!

I make my own and it's a mixture of corn, wheat, oats, field peas, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, fish meal, kelp, active brewers yeast, vitamin/mineral supplement, salt, and calcium.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  3. akovia

akovia Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2012
    Hillsboro, OR
    That's a great find! Can can you post the ingredients tag so we can see the nutrition info? Thanks for posting!

4. jasmer

jasmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2012
    Wow, this looks nice. There's a store about 25 miles from me that sells it, I might check it out.

5. DangerChickenHouse

DangerChickenHouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2011
    Charlotte, NC
    Thanks! i hope i can afford the shipping. I have been searching for a feed like this.

6. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    We feed Modesto Milling to our layers and meat birds. They carry an organic (non-GMO), soy-free layer pellet. Good to know there are other sources out there as well!

7. mat2dong

Jun 17, 2012

They ship now, and not only that you may want to check their site to see if they deliver to stores in your area now:) They just started delivering to the city next to mine recently and I was really happy!!

8. mat2dong

Jun 17, 2012

When I get time I will try:) I'm going to be building a fence tomorrow so I'll be busy all day but as soon as I have time (and I remember!!) I will post!

9. mat2dong

Jun 17, 2012

My girls love it, give it a shot once and see what you think:)

10. mat2dong

Jun 17, 2012

The shipping for me before was a dealbreaker, try looking up stores in your area to see if they sell close to you:)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by