I get my first chicks on Thursday! - Now with chicks and pictures!

LittleChocobo

Chirping
9 Years
May 31, 2010
Hillsboro, Oregon
I finally managed to find some local (enough) silkies on Craigslist (these ones in particular) and the breeder is also selling me a blue splash chick that's the same age as these. I'm so excited! Now I have to get that watermelon box instead of the box I already have for the brooder!

Now I get to kick it into overdrive and actually get more than about a single side's worth of wood, and get a LOT of hardware cloth!

Last edited:
Good luck with your chicks! and your new addiction
big_smile.png

SO jealous that you're getting a Splash!! The breeder I got mine from didn't have any
sad.png
Must post pics when you get them!
smile.png

Thanks! I'm so excited. My new addiction besides BYC you mean?

I promise I'll post a picture as soon as I bring them home! It may be taken with my phone though. And taken in the car. On the way home on the 90-minute ride. >>
Then real pictures the next day, haha.

AAAAH! SO cute!!!
big_smile.png

lol, my advice is: don't even BOTHER trying to sex them yet! you'll drive yourself nuts guessing (like i did). wait for an egg or a crow
wink.png

Congrats and enjoy!!

SilkiesRawesome: Hahaha, I bet. Problem is, if they're all living in the same coop -- I won't be able to watch them all the time, so how will I know who laid? Anyway, I hope that the white is a girl - then I can keep her!
fl.gif

Yay Chicks!: Thanks! I was thinking the same thing when I saw their ad. I'm pretty pleased with them. Once I figure out how to post pictures onto my BYC page I'll be posting them there.

It sounds like, based on what people were guessing my chicks are, that when the pom on their head looks round its typically a girl and if it slants backward it is likely a boy. SO, if that's true, I'd be your white is a girl
smile.png
. It actually looks a lot like mine except mine is partridge I think and not all white, but they have the same poms. My white is named Glinda and she's a TOTAL spaz! If you figure out how to make yours like you, let me know!

Back
Top Bottom