I GET TO GROW BAMBOO!!! I GET TO GROW BAMBOO!!!

Bamboo or Japanese Knotweed?
Around here we have Jap. knotweed and it's incredibly invasive. We've been cutting it down for absolute years because it's nearly impossible to kill permanently (without super strong chemicals). Our entire bank is covered with it and it all started when my aunt gave us a few stalks as a decorative plant. Be absolutely sure you know what plant you're growing, so you don't end up with knotweed when you wanted bamboo.

Bamboo or Japanese Knotweed?
Around here we have Jap. knotweed and it's incredibly invasive. We've been cutting it down for absolute years because it's nearly impossible to kill permanently (without super strong chemicals). Our entire bank is covered with it and it all started when my aunt gave us a few stalks as a decorative plant. Be absolutely sure you know what plant you're growing, so you don't end up with knotweed when you wanted bamboo.
Thanks for your advice.

I just need some sc bamboo and I called a person who has bamboo growing on their property. Either I want the small stuff or the timber bamboo for noise abatement and a living fence.Thats all.

I planted 2 running bamboos in 1998. Golden (phyllostachys aurea) and around its base Sasaella (sasella masamuniana albo) a short variegated variety.

They are between the deck and lawn. Neither grows well under the deck. They do try to run out into the lawn, but the lawnmower takes care of that.
It only takes me a few minutes a year to keep the runners under control.
A little more time to keep it pruned. Maybe all total 4 hours a year.
I'd love to plant some timber bamboo, but think my neighbors might object.
hmm.png

Imp

I planted 2 running bamboos in 1998. Golden (phyllostachys aurea) and around its base Sasaella (sasella masamuniana albo) a short variegated variety.

They are between the deck and lawn. Neither grows well under the deck. They do try to run out into the lawn, but the lawnmower takes care of that.
It only takes me a few minutes a year to keep the runners under control.
A little more time to keep it pruned. Maybe all total 4 hours a year.
I'd love to plant some timber bamboo, but think my neighbors might object.
hmm.png

Imp
These are the types I want/need:

Bory (Tiger) Bamboo

Bissetti Bamboo

Yellow Groove Bamboo

Vivax Timber Bamboo

AND -- - - - - - You can get a PANDA TOO!
celebrate.gif
yesss.gif
I gotz a question on raising Pandas:

1. Where can I get Panda eggs?
2. When will they hatch?
3. Can I set a broody chicken on 'em?
4. How to care for a young Panda-chick?
5. Can I house-train a Panda?
lau.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom