I give up on store bought

Bummer!

The only store ground beef I will use is ground chuck. 80/20. They often try to pass off ground "beef" as 80/20, but it's not the same as ground chuck. I don't eat poultry at all, just personal preference, and the only local source meat market is not only pricey, the quality is questionable.
roll.png

It's not unusual here to go to a farmer's market and find all sorts of produce- most of which came from a commercial produce supplier in the city.

Some people know how to handle venison. The best deer sausage I ever had was made by a Cajun in South Louisiana, near Morgan City. He mixed equal portions of beef, pork, and venison. I don't know which beef or pork portions he used, but that was just right for moisture and texture, plus the spices were delicious and hot without being painful. That grilled sausage was good without beer.

Hey ranchhand , we have a meat market only 10 miles from our house. Problem is that while you might get a fresh cut piece government regulations have forced them out of butchering them selves. I recently found out they neither raise or butcher the meat they sell anymore. Some of it is shipped in from across the entire country. so really it's not much different than the local piggle wiggly. We do have nearby a farm that does raise their own beef and processes themselves. We are currently working on getting a half from them. I hope it will taste and smell like what I grew up on. I have eaten beef since before my 16 year old was born. Mainly because I don't like the taste and smell of what's in the store.

Back
Top Bottom