i give up

ohh i just got a message 2 HOURS LATER saying, sorry i have to take a rain check my dad doesn't want me going out tonight. BULL she's out with the other girl that was here.. i am not stupid especially when you send the message 2 HOURS LATER

whoa the text thing is what's stinky! I'd definatly let her know how you feel......... hey, look on the bright side... maybe it was good you got to see your "friends" as they really are. This may be a good time to look for some new ones. Cheer up, you may find some with the same interest as you!

When I was growing up, I was pretty much alone. No kids in my area to play with, siblings had their own paths I had mine. I didn't have but a few friends in school, and I was bullied alot. Today, I still keep few friends, but only the good ones that I can trust will be honest with me. One of my rules of friendship are, if I'm the one calling said friend all the time, and they never call me back, then I stop calling... and they usually disappear! If you're not getting equal effort in the friendship, maybe they aren't your friends.

hugs.gif
I'm sorry they did that. Some people are jerks.
hugs.gif

hugs.gif
Sorry they weren't nicer about it. It's too bad they couldn't just say they weren't interested. I would say something to the one who sent the text, just so she knows she doesn't have you fooled.

Most people who are not into poultry just don't understand the hobby at all. I have chicks and goslings in my house right now, and they are stinky, no matter how often I clean. Waterfowl especially. I don't have people over who I know don't care about birds because they get really weird and look at me like i'm a cat-lady or something. People ask me about my birds all the time, and I'll start to respond by talking about a breed and 2 sentances in and I can tell the don't give a rats' #%$! Thier eyes glaze over.

In the future, I would invite friends one time and say let me know if you want to see the ducklings, and if they don't bring it up, you know they don't want to see them. The text was rude. Your friend could have just said she needed to go or suggested that you two go somewhere else, or even been honest and said she didn't like the smell.

I know the feeling, although many people would rather outright kill the little creatures I'm so happy and excited about, many refuse to come into the house or even get hostile with me as if I might be keeping a weapon on me with intent to kill. Thank goodness for forums like this though, dont have to hold anything back and people actually threaten us if we dont post pictures. Feel sorry for your friends being stuck in such a shallow and materialistic world and be thankful you have so much that makes you happy. Stick with what and who makes you happy, you made an honest effort and they let you down so time to move on.

thanks everyone.
big_smile.png
BYCers are my only friends. i am usually left untexted and un called all day. the only people who seem to comment on facebook are poultry people i've never met. people i do know sometimes comment but other than that, it's poultry people i have never met. oh well. i give up with people. i'm tired of always being the one to put effort into a friendship. i'm tired of only getting text messages when i send them. oh well
hu.gif
the way i see it, they are missing out on a caring and loving person and i'm only missing out on heartless shallow materialistic wanabes
big_smile.png

There are too many of those types of people in the world and too few of ones like you. Just means those who do share you feelings are that much more important even if you've never met. Quality is more important then quantity, and seeing how they act and respect you shows that you lose nothing by not being in their company.

Quote:
Puleeze get a grip......this is nothing to break down about. Like someone already said not everyone likes chickens and ducks like most of us do. They probably didn't want to hurt your feelings by telling you they really weren't interested in seeing your ducklings.....if you feel like having a break down about this I'm sure they knew what your reaction was going to be.

Back
Top Bottom