I got a HUGE egg!!!

That egg is GARGANTUOUS!!!!
ep.gif

I got one of those yesterday too!!!! SERIOUSLY HUGE! I weighed it on my kitchen scale and it's 4.5 ounces...

On that news article, it said the world record was 142 grams...so I converted mine (4.5 oz) to grams and it's about 127.

I know who laid it...it was Opal, my Buff Orp hen. I saw her in the nestbox yesterday grunting and pushing. Don't worry...I checked on her later and she was walking around fine...LOL.

hey there Maxx!!!!

As to who laid it I dont know!!!! the only ones that could have because they lay that color

are these in my flock:

PROD. RED
RIR
IOWA BLUE
BLUE MARAN

so you have me as to who did it, this is my 3rd egg in 4mos like this I get them once in a while...but this one was a tad bigger.

and yes, I also said OUCH when I saw it..

Mine laid one of those the other day. I put it in the bator. It's either a large chick or there are twins in there. I just home its not one of those that has extra limbs. You know the parasite twin.

It sure cooled off last night. I was chilly when I got up. Thinking about turning on some heat for a few minutes to get the chill out. Got chicks in the house. I guess I may neeed to go and buy a red bulb so I can seu my heat lamp.

The stars must've been in alignment or something, because I got an equally giant egg yesterday AM from our red sex link. I'm guessing it's either a triple yolk or one of those freakish egg-within-an-egg eggs.

I was surprised that this morning, she had laid another abnormally large egg, but not nearly as big as yesterday's.

She's been a champ egg layer since she started in August - she only missed ~2 days after her first 15 days laying every day.

Back
Top Bottom