I got a rabbit!

Haviris

Songster
12 Years
Sep 4, 2007
I'm joining the rabbit owning group, picked this guy up at Wal-Mart, yes Wal-Mart someone was selling them out front. Don't know anything about it, the guys selling them were Mexicans and apparently didn't speak any english, I tried first to ask what kind they were, that got me no where, then I tried asking how big they'd get, still no go, but I bought one anyway!
IMG_1618.jpg

IMG_1619.jpg

thats a new zeland rabbit! i used to have them they get kinda big cuz they are meat rabbits .. but make awesome pets too! make sure u hadnle it as much as possible and get it socialized and CLIP ITS TOE NAILS ... but not to short or thry will bleed. have fun wuthit! looks about 6 or so weeks old.

Quote:
looks awfully fuzzy for a NZ.. prolly a mix of some sort. If it was a 6 week old NZ it should be bigger. Typically a 6 week old NZ weighs about 3lbs. Of course, there's nothing to really scale to in the picture.. but IMHO it's not a NZ.

it most likely is mixed.... but when i BREED my NZs the babies are always fuzzy like that... but no mater what it is its still cute and have fun with it.. fuzzy might be like... angora?

I highly doubt its angora. I've seen those as babies and even then the fur looked extra fluffy. It's probably just baby fur. Have fun with it!
big_smile.png

When I was a kid I had a NZ and I just loved him! It's a baby, been so long since I've had rabbits I won't even guess at age, but definately a baby! I am hoping it will get fairly big, it's not very big right now, I'm going to hope it will get atleast as big as the largest one they had which was probably small cat sized. I was guessing mixed, I'm not sure how many different litters they had there, but they had some larger brown ones (two different sizes), and then 3 of the white ones I'm assuming were littermates, but they also had a brown and white one that was about the same size so I'm was thinking possibly a littermate to (but don't know that for sure). I just didn't want to end up with a dwarf breed, and I don't think I did! (Of course if it does turn out that way I'll adjust to the idea!).

So anyway thanks for all the congrates! I am very excited about it! He'll get quite abit of attention, I've already had it hanging out with me on the couch! Just wish I could tell if it was a boy or girl!

Back
Top Bottom