I got an "intervention" email

Henrietta23

Songster
12 Years
Oct 20, 2007
Eastern CT
LOL, a couple of days ago the friend who got me started in chickens sent me an email. She knows I ordered chicks with a woman we both go to church with. Then she found out I was getting 6 more in another order with someone on BYC so I could get sexed chicks in breeds I couldn't get in the other order. Then she found out I received 8 eggs that I'm attempting to hatch in my schools incubator. So she sent me this email that she is worried I don't know what I'm getting into (I've had chickens for more than 10 years). From the rest of the email I'm thinking she was stressed out about other things including one EE hen she has that is less than a year old, healthy as far as she can tell, but no longer laying. She is very stressed by having to feed this hen which is giving her nothing in return. I'm really thrown by that since this woman has had chickens longer than I have and I can't believe she's never had a hen that stopped laying in the winter. I think she was hinting that I should offer to take this hen from her but I don't have anywhere to isolate it from my own 2 hens. Don't know what she's going to do. I think she didn't like my answer to one of her other issues and I haven't heard back from her.
Anyone else ever get an "I'm worried about you" message regarding chickens??
roll.png

No i just get the your crazie looks from people that don't raise chickens or who have never had them. ow well their loss

Just keep repeating "I could get rid of these chickens at any time, I dont NEED them, I dont have a problem."

eventually if you say it enough, you will believe it and wont worry about what others are saying.
lau.gif

I just got up from the computer for a sec and told my SO that I needed to check the chicken in the oven. He said WHAT? cuz he knows I have bread baking in the oven, not chicken!!
he.gif

HAHAHAHAHA!!!
The first step is admitting you have a problem.....so my thought is we are all o.k. cause none of us will ever admit we have a chicken problem. HAHAHAHA

Put the chicken catalog down and step away ignore the voice telling you to ORDER MORE CHICKENS!!!!

M.J :

No i just get the your crazie looks from people that don't raise chickens or who have never had them. ow well their loss

I have the same problem. Funny though, some of them don't mind buying the eggs!​

We're all FINE.

We are not addicted.

We do not need help.

We are all FINE.

We are not addicted.

We do not need help.

We are all FINE.

We are not addicted.

We do not need help.

We are all FINE.

We are not addicted.

We do not need help.

We are all FINE.

We are not addicted.

We do not need help.

We are all FINE.

We are not addicted.

We do not need help.

duc.gif

My DD was worried about my "mental health", and I posted here, and no one thought anything was wrong with me. I don't think there's anything wrong with you. You've been in this for 10 years, which makes you a senior chicken owner, like an expert, LOL
Do you think that she is feeling left out? Or maybe jealous that you still enjoy this hobby and she doesn't? Or is she just nosy and can't mind her own business?

Back
Top Bottom