I got Fired!!!! Now what!?

I don't want to sound unsympathetic... cause I'm not.

But...part of the reason you should have reported that problem with the board binding, breaking off, and a piece hitting you..... may mean somethings not working right with the equipment. A guard not in place, someting wrong with the equipment... maybe the operator needed better training (please don't take offence, I've seen great workers, trained badly) etc... so, even though you didn't think it was a big deal and you weren't hurt, doesn't mean that the next person will be so lucky... what if the next piece that snaps off was sharp enough and caught enough speed, it hit an eye of a co-worker or nailed someone in the ear?

That kind of stuff can happen.. it's always best to speak up and let them know... it's called CYA!
wink.png

I do wish you the very best of luck finding a new placement.

Last edited:
If the Super knew about the incident then why didn't he take your statement? Why'd HE blow it off? If you were fired for not making an official statement he should have been as well for not taking one. Sounds like you got the short end of the stick.

That'd be a call to OCHA right there... they violate their OWN policies then fire anyone who can prove it. And they don't have anything blocking flying boards... yep, I'd put in a call.

Back
Top Bottom