I Got Impaled by a Hawk While Saving my Chicken!

Pics
Just looking at your hand I was ready to :th. I'm very squeamish . Always keep up to date on tetanus boosters.

I don't know if it was old wives talking or truth - but, they used to say if you got a puncture wound and it bleeds freely- you're in the clear. I used to try and make any cut bleed more just to be safe.:fl

:bow Nifty you are a hero :thumbsup Glad you are okay Rabbit Girl.

2x drumstick diva - I too have been told it's better to bleed a puncture wound initially, removes bacteria or whatever. Makes sense so I do it & keep up my tetanus boosters
My ex used to get hurt so much at work he couldn't alway remember when is last tetanus shot was. So his doc said just get one on your birthday. Every 5 years just of good measure. Funny thing is he got his injuries working on cars.

The good news re. infection is birds don't carry many pathogens that are interested in you. Most of their pathogens are only interested in birds.
Cat wounds tend to get badly infected because cats have a host of bacteria in their saliva to help kill small animals, which gets onto their skin and claws when they groom. This is also why you should never let them near reptiles, small mammals, or baby chicks- a tiny scratch can lead to a death via sepsis.

Not sure if this is gonna get auto-censored, but that's pretty badass. Hawks are big!

It was pretty dang crazy running outside and seeing my daughter in a death grip with a huge Red Tailed Hawk!

Pulling the hawk's talons out of her flesh was pretty intense! That thing was NOT going to let go! While prying it's claws apart, it dug into the tip of my finger... but not anywhere as bad as how deep it was into @RabbitGirl's palm!

I'll be honest, once I could ascertain that things weren't getting worse with her, the hawk, the chickens, etc., I was VERY tempted to pause and get my phone to take a pic.

... I mean, I'm pretty sure @RabbitGirl would have loved to share some super crazy pics of her talon-holding-hands with a giant hawk hanging upside down!
What I want to know is who just happened to be standing by with a video camera while all this was going down? :D

The good news re. infection is birds don't carry many pathogens that are interested in you. Most of their pathogens are only interested in birds.
Cat wounds tend to get badly infected because cats have a host of bacteria in their saliva to help kill small animals, which gets onto their skin and claws when they groom. This is also why you should never let them near reptiles, small mammals, or baby chicks- a tiny scratch can lead to a death via sepsis.

Not sure if this is gonna get auto-censored, but that's pretty badass. Hawks are big!
e Coli?

Back
Top Bottom