I got it bad......

6chickens in St. Charles

Songster
10 Years
Mar 25, 2009
St. Charles, IL
You know you have it baaaad when you want to plant BlueGirl hybrid tea roses (and blue morning glories) to attract these:
25976_japanese_beetle_soybean.jpg

So you can enjoy the antics of these:
25976_p070211_1242_03.jpg

And they'll all sort of match, blue chickens with blue roses...........
25976_p140111_1546.jpg

Anybody else enjoy the bane of most gardeners, the japanese beetle? Our chickens DEVOUR THEM like maniacs. Actually look forward to the season of these, around July.

Last edited:
I love watching chickens eat bugs. Often I dig in the ground just so that the chickens can eat the worms I dig up. Now the chickens know that shovels= yummyness.

That is too funny!
lau.gif
My birds associate all large tools with digging and buggy treats. We had to laugh today when my roos came running TOWARD the axe. Fortunately the axe is only used for cutting down trees around here.

This one loves to follow us with a lil bowl of water, and we'll tip a leaf full of japanese beetles into the water bowl, and she honks &mmummmumms as she picks clusters of them out of the water.
Must be like eating "turtles" chocolates to her.......... princess spoiled girlie...........
25976_06142010736.jpg

6chickens in St. Charles :

This one loves to follow us with a lil bowl of water, and we'll tip a leaf full of japanese beetles into the water bowl, and she honks &mmummmumms as she picks clusters of them out of the water.
Must be like eating "turtles" chocolates to her.......... princess spoiled girlie...........
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/25976_06142010736.jpg

She is GORGEOUS. So glad you treat her well!​

Back
Top Bottom