I got laid off today....

kryptoniteqhs

Rosecomb Rich
12 Years
Nov 14, 2008
Norco, CA
I got laid off today. My manager also had to lay off her son lol....sorry but i had to laugh....it made me feel better knowing that. Its getting bad guys. Im just glad I recognized how lucky I was to have a job when I did have one. I jinxed it last night and today.........................BAM!!!!!! All wells......I can play more with my chicken now right??

Last edited:
I'm so sorry to hear this!
hugs.gif

sorry, we were hit here too a few months ago but dh found a job with WalMart. They are remodeling several stores..just re-arranging shelves, new doors, new rest rooms, etc. It is just for a few months but at least it is something. Prayers for you. Enjoy the spring with your poultry.
wee.gif

thanks....i knew it was coming....i hadnt been to work in weeks because i was in and out of the hospital (still dont know why) and today was my first day back and I was feeling much better and ready to work and i even requested more hours and then it was....Kaylee, Can I see you in my office? I shoulda said NO!

yuckyuck.gif
Can you make it ok? By just staying home I mean? If so go for it. I retired a few years ago and absolutely love being at home. Dh is younger than I and he wants me to stay home now. That is great with me.
lau.gif
We don't have much but don't need much. Just love being able to be home and work in the gardens and take care of the dogs and poultry. Plus learn to make all this homemade stuff from Miss Prissy and gumpsgirl and many others.

oh i would LOVE to do that! But, theres no way lol.....too many animals....i got myself into that whole a looonngg time ago and wouldnt give it up for about anything!! Im gonna take some time off to recover anyways. I dont think I would handle a new job very well right now. Were still trying to figure out whats going on with me -- health wise...i guess its for the best. I would have quit a while back if I thought id easily be able to get another job when i was ready....but i just kept telling myself....be thankful you have a job....so all well....but im ready for time off...just not time off money lol....but who is? i wanna learn how to make a living on ebay lol....so far...not workin out!

Down here its pretty bad too. Im self employed and havent turned a profit in 4 months, had to lay-off some of my guys which really really hurt MY feelings...which no one round here understands... i think because down here "oh they are just hispanics" but you know... they were like family. Id have a weekly cook out, always paid for lunch and they returned it back to me, hard work, always helping around the house & farm even when i didnt ask em too! I hate that people now are so....dont know how to say it LOL.

My dad just got layed off too but hopefull he will pick up another job quickly...he got a severance (sp??) package and he was one of a few to stay and shut down the plant completely. Im sorry to hear you got layed off but hopefully things will start bouncing back!! just hang in there everyone;)

Last edited:
I am sorry to hear that, just don't worry yourself to death,it ain't worth it, I have been looking for a job for a while and nothing going well, last dec I was so happy when I got a job and they told me come and start on jan 2, but even before I started, they called me backa day before Christmas and told me oh we are o sorry but we can't hire you any more
lol.png
lol.png

Tell you the truth I am selfemployed since 2003, but lately my construction business slowed real bad, that I have to find a job.
I am still doing all kind of odd jobs to survive, and I know that God has a plan with all this so sometimes I can't pay all my bills, but I am always happy and satesfide.

Omran

I was pretty bummed at first, but not at all surprised. Im just glad I kept it as long as I did. Most people were layed off toward the end of last year. When you think about it, I got lucky!

Back
Top Bottom