1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I got my 4 Black Silkies from California.... PICS

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by silkieluver_07, Mar 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    I am sooooooo excited. I've been looking for good quality birds to breed with my splash when the blacks are old enough. I'll be sure to include pictures when they arrive. My check just needs to get to California first........ my mother forgot to put a stamp on the envelope..... [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 29, 2009
  2. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    You lucky duck! I'm green with envy [​IMG] We are gonna want to see pics!!!!!!

3. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    Wow! So lucky! I looked at their site last night and I REALLY want some of their splash silkies! I'm so jealous! [​IMG]

4. silkieluver_07

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    I can't wait until they arrive. [​IMG] They were a pretty penny to buy, but if I'm gonna show my birds.... it's well worth it.

5. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

well good luck with that! [​IMG]

6. silkieluver_07

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Quote:Thanks! If you ever have anything available, PM me. [​IMG] I'm always looking for good bbs silkies.

7. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Congrats! I cant wait to see pictures. Just remember to quarantine for at least 30 days before putting them with your old flock.

8. silkieluver_07

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Well, I recieved my birds on Wednesday. The one has a single comb and one has a cracked? beak, but that could have been from shipping. I contacted the breeder, and she said she's never had any single combed birds. I spent alot of money on a bird that turns out to be not showable for 4-H. I'm going to send her pictures of the single comb and see what she says.

Anyone else have advice? I'll post pictures as soon as my camera wants to start working.

9. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    Yes, please post photos. How old are your new birds?

10. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Quote:Well, that is not right at all that she sent you a single comb bird. She should refund you the cost for that bird. I know how it feels to wait, and then you receive something disspointing.

How are the others you received?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by