I got my first double yolker!!! *pics*

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by S*T*A*R, Nov 14, 2010.

1. S*T*A*R

S*T*A*R Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2010
    I went out and found this:
    [​IMG]
    And when i opened it i found this:
    [​IMG]
    And i think it might have come from this girl:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 14, 2010
  2. cluckiemama

cluckiemama Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2010
    cool![​IMG]

3. Attila the Hen

Attila the Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2010
    Blue Ridge GA
    I was so excited when I got my first one that I took pictures too. Those Buffs are wonderful.

4. S*T*A*R

S*T*A*R Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2010
    Unfortunately i didn't get to eat it..... my mom beat me to it! I was just the picture taker [​IMG]

5. Lbrad7

Lbrad7 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2010
    Ringgold, GA
    S*T*A*R :

Unfortunately i didn't get to eat it..... my mom beat me to it! I was just the picture taker [​IMG]

LOL Remind your mom that she got to eat the first one...the second is yours! Call dibs on it now. If a hen lays a double yoke they normally will do it off and on through out their lives.​

6. Rachel'sFlock

Rachel'sFlock Chillin' With My Peeps

I have been saving my doubles for 2-bite deviled eggs for Thanksgiving! I am hoping to have a dozen just for that (tick tock, ladies!). I am very close.
    Will be making singles, as well [​IMG]

Brightest Blessings!

7. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

We've had TWO doubles... one was a freakishly huge pullet egg... and then one a couple weeks after (made an AWESOME devilled egg lots of filling YUM!)... none since... but we've got one girl that lays some jumbos so we all gather around when it comes time to crack those puppies hoping... yes, yes we are pretty dorky... but hey I'll take family bonding time any way I can get it. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by