I got my first egg!!

Henfla

Songster
Apr 29, 2022
Tromsø, Norway
Look!

Snapchat-1957008897.jpg

I let my chickens out to free range at about 10 am this morning, and after a while my bantam cochin (19 weeks old) started making a little more noise than usual, walking around away from the rest of the flock. I thought that maybe she needs to lay an egg because she have been squatting for many days now, so I put her in the nesting box and there she stayed for an hour until she laid an egg! It was 28 grams. One of my wyandotte mix chickens is also squatting now and she has a very red comb, so maybe she will start laying too soon!
:celebrate

Last edited:
Yay for first eggs! Something so simple and natural is totally exciting, isn't it?

Congrats to you and your Cochin Bantam (I have three CB hens and the world's worst rooster, but I LOVE the little ladies)! Here's to more eggs from her and the Wyandotte mix's first one!

Yay for first eggs! Something so simple and natural is totally exciting, isn't it?

Congrats to you and your Cochin Bantam (I have three CB hens and the world's worst rooster, but I LOVE the little ladies)! Here's to more eggs from her and the Wyandotte mix's first one!
Thanks! Yes, I have been waiting for this moment soo long 😅

Back
Top Bottom