I got my first quail!

Congrats!!!

I love to hear about your experiences. Your excitement and enthusiasm is great.

ya.gif

Quote:
lau.gif

They do surprise you!
gig.gif

I think they know were watching and do it on purpose.
lol.png

So glad another has hatched and your little one has a friend now. They do have a good set of lungs when their alone, don't they. lol..
You'd think they were being tortured,
gig.gif

Hang of it? Nope!
lau.gif

They will always sneak up on you. lol....
Hubby is real familer with hearing "Hey! Where did you come from"! When I check the bator because there are surprises.
lol.png

I think most of us could never tire of hearing of others hatches, so please do report as they hatch!

How exciting for you! I hatched Bobwhites, and those little guys just pipped and zipped....Those eggs looked like they had little flip tops on them....They were very uniform in their zipping.....

the egg shells look whole after the little guys come out, atleatst mine do. they started coming out last night and some are still hatching as we speak! i got one that all yellow!!!
109925_dscn0552.jpg
109925_dscn0556.jpg
109925_dscn0551.jpg
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Be patient with the ones that haven't hatched. I've had them hatch over a five day period on several hatches.

Always cool to see. They look like little bumble bees, don't they?

Best of luck!

Quote:
Thanks Quail Lady, Critter Place, and everybody! Got two more to hatch in the past hour. I was going to move them into the brooder, put one in and the other two attacked it! I put it back into the incubator. I'll wait until they are getting around a lot better before I stick them in with the others. Maybe they won't be able to tell the difference from each other then.
lol.png

The first two are buzzing around all over the place. They get to squeaking real loud until I whistle back then they calm down. Put my hand in and they run up to it pecking and climbing. I put a little pop bottle lid in there with some water in it. I didn't have any marbles or anything and I figured a pop bottle cap wouldn't be too dangerous. They are drinking and eating just fine.

I guess you can tell I'm sort of excited. After my first attempts to hatch mailed chicken eggs last spring and ending up with nothing, I was sort of pessimistic about having any luck this time. I was hopeful, but not really believing it would happen. Might have been just steeling myself for a let down. But even if no more hatch, I am so tickled I can't stand it. But I realized earlier that day 18 isn't actually until tomorrow, so I reckon I could actually end up with a few more.

Odey, I love that yellow baby you have there. Hot2Pot says mine could be white, brown, tuxedo, or yellow. So far these four are yellow with brown markings. Don't know what that means they will end up being. Anyway, I'll give another report tomorrow sometime with another picture or two.

Thanks Hot2Pot for my quail. I love them.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom