1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I got my son good

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by conny63malies, Feb 28, 2009.

1. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    My six year old son Sebastian Orion is on a five year meat and potato streak . The only fruits he likes are in juice form. Today i got him some Boca burgers and he actually like them. THe first time since 04 that he ate a vegetable that wasnt a potato. Any other tricks for getting veggies in? Fried beans dont work.

2. Teach97

Teach97 Bantam Addict

Nov 12, 2008
    Hooker, OK
    Around here we do the eat it or else! [​IMG]

Cheese...makes everything better! Ranch dressing is always a good thing.

My grandma used to let me eat my peas balanced on a butter knife!

3. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Quote:cheese is his big thing, it has to literaly locked away or you wont et none in our house. He hates cauliflower so much he throws up when e tries it.He wont even eat pizza , he want the cheese bread instead.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Jessica Seinfeld has a cook book out on how to trick your kid sinto eating veggies!!!!

5. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    will he eat summer squash at all? its awesome fried... [​IMG]

6. FrenchHen

FrenchHen Chicken Ambassador

Jan 26, 2009
    Bagshot Row
    I puree sweet potatoes into my chili...it would work in mac n cheese too.
    Cauliflower can be hidden in mashed potatoes and other casseroles.

7. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Get him drinking the V-8 Splash juice with carrot juice hidden in it.

8. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    For a while I blended green beans into my spaghetti sauce and stews.

Later DH and I started refusing to let DD have veggies. We ate them all and she couldn't have ay unless she finished her - whatever... reverse psychology actually worked on her for a while! She was begin for broccolli! [​IMG]

9. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Quote:+1

I tuck a lot of veggies into things like meatloaf, lasagna, and spaghetti sauce. DBF isn't a big veggie eater - he lives broccoli and not much else - so I have to get creative. He'll eat it if I put it in front of him, but he'd rather eat meat & chips.

10. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    My friends mother adopted 7 kids. She was an expert at hiding. She would grind carrots and zuchini in the chopper and add to meat loaf and shaghetti sauces. Pureeing cauliflower will mix into mashed potatoes. You can even add babyfood vegetables and fruit, already pureed, to things like cakes and brownies. I used to put them in casseroles when my oldest was young, it worked. The most important thing I have done is my rule, 2 bites chewed and swallowed before you can say you dont like it. No spitting out or gagging. My aunt used to call it a No THank You serving. Now after he found some things he really likes that he otherwise wouldnt have tried, he is more willing to try.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by