I got the blues

Quote:
Trust me it is no mix. The red comb is slow to come in. I personally do not see any mix. I have had Andalusians in the past and this is how they look as they grow. I could be wrong but I doubt it.

OP where did you get the chicken?

Last edited:
She's just beautiful..whatever she is
yippiechickie.gif

I got her a few weeks ago at a local farmers market from a guy who who had no idea what she was. He bought a bunch of chicks from a hatchery and was selling some. Sadly, this chicken, who seemed fine yesterday when I took the pics, started wheezing and sneezing today. She was also way to easy to catch. I'm going to try and find tylan 50 tomorrow. None of my others show any signs that I noticed. So, if I can save her, I'll keep you all posted

Quote:
Thank you for the insight, but next time maybe be a little less harsh. I for one know that not everyone, including me, is an expert on sumatras and/or andalusians like you seem to be. We were all guessing, so please try to be a little more understanding next time...

Perhaps I'm wrong but I always assume that when people ask a question they are looking for accuratw information not the "guesses" of people who really don't know the answer. Raising many different varieties of poultry & waterfowl has been a big part of my life for 48 years now-eever since I was a child & I raise hundreds every year. In addition I'm an APA General Licensed Judge. We can't set out to judge a show w/o knowing what the charactistics of a breed are.
I find it frustrating when someone who has owned 3 chickens for 2 years [example only-not talking about anyone in particular] argues about something that they're just dead wrong about.

****UPDATE****
I gave my uncle -the sumatra breeder- this url and told him to tell me what he thinks
he said, and i qoute

"thats no pure sumatra-look at those stringy legs and that funny comb! Sorry Jess, she does appear to have some sumatra influence behind her breeding, but very little. She's probubly a mix somwhere far down the line- but she looks to me like a very good impersanation that somone tried to pass off as a Sumatra to me at the stanley auction- i belive the lady called it anlusion? the bird in you picture is probubly a mixed one of those. in other news, red is doing better and..."-Floyd Dawson

But anyway there you have it, Ill be the first to admit i was wrong, i guess i couldve been looking for sumatra where there was none, But my uncle, as I, thinks she's an AndalusianX pullet.

im sorry she's not feeling well,
sad.png
tell her she's too pretty to be sick :|

Also, though this has nothing to do with the OP, i think some people need reminded that chickens are beloved pets- NOT items- NOT objects- and- NOT cash crops.

i may be wrong-but when i posted my qeustions about my new O.E game bantams i was poiletly taking ansers from everyone that tryed to help-AND appriating them helping wether they where "geussing" or not

but its frustrating to me when somone goes out to find a thread and verbally attacks whoevers trying to help the writer.

I have no intention to offend anyone and this message was written with all do respect - for in the rules it clearly states you must be cival with fellow members.
smile.png
but thats my thought for the day friends
big_smile.png

edited to be more polite
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom