I got what I wanted!!! (Black Friday)

I stayed home and at midnight got on bfads.net and looked at all the black friday ads, bought what I wanted and pick it up in the store on the 12th of December. No crowds, no fuss.
smile.png

I've skipped this year-I went last year to buy some $1 flannel at Joann's. I may go tomorrow-lots of places are having 2 day sales, and doorbusters on both days. It just seems like there is nothing from my Cristmas list that's on sale. Oh well
roll.png

i didnt go of course i dont go christmas shopping cause im just a kid and im dead broke by the end of november! but i am gettin a wii that my dad ordered online!

Article - he didn't
sad.png

Can someone explain to me why Black Friday is such a big deal? I am originally from Poland, and now live in Canada, and I don't think I have ever seen anyone get very 'geared up' for shopping here before Boxing Day..

ok its the day that stores have sales to get out of the black. its so they make a profit by the end of the year and oh my g!he was killed those shoppers are murderers

Quote:
The day after Thanksgiving has always been the one day that ALL the stores have sales for that day only. That article is the reason I never shop on Black Friday. It is SOOOO not worth it.

Well, I went shopping on Black Friday for the first time since I was a kid living at home! It really brought back memories of going shopping with my mom and siblings - we each got $50 to spend and went off by ourselves for a bit. We always got some candy at the kiosk that used to be inside JC Penney back in the 60's-70's.

I got everything I was looking for today. The stores were not that crowded - a sign of our local economy I think.

I was just one number off in a raffle for a tennis bracelet.

I got a sewing machine for our newly-married daughter, a 7-function beard trimmer thingy for DH since his broke, a small hair dryer for grand baby so she can learn to 'style' her hair (she's 5, so has plenty of time to learn!), and so on....

We do one gift per person except for the baby - she gets about a hundred. I always get DH 3 or 4 things anyway and wrap them all up together so it's "one gift", LOL
smile.png

I hope everyone had a good time today!

Last edited:
Our huge sales were from 6 a.m. to 11, so it's too late here for a lot of the deeper discounts. I think a lot of other stuff will still be on sale through tomorrow tho'.

Back
Top Bottom