I H8 teh Dentist.

haha, they gave me halcyon... didnt take effect until after i left the office, hahaha. i love laughing gas! i was talking about the clocking tick. i think i meant ticking clock, not sure though.

Quote:
When they tried it on me. they kept laughing and i had NO IDEA WHY. Then i would ask what was so funny and they laughed even harder
idunno.gif

Quote:
I have the same problem! It's also the reason I felt most of childbirth despite having the epidural
rant.gif

Once I was told about it I wanted to track down my horrible, phobia creating, childhood dentist and shout.... see, I COULD feel that!

I hate having to go, but I must say the my dentist and his staff are great! They put me at ease and make something I hate to be tolerable.

I am always afraid the anasthetic will wear off just as they drill into the center on my tooth on the rare occasions I have fillings. I have chills right just imagining it ever happening.

Quote:
I have the same problem! It's also the reason I felt most of childbirth despite having the epidural
rant.gif

Once I was told about it I wanted to track down my horrible, phobia creating, childhood dentist and shout.... see, I COULD feel that!

I was just a kid myself when i had my daughter. I went to midwives through the 9 months because they were so nice. I had NO IDEA that meant i was going through NATURAL CHILDBIRTH!!!!!
barnie.gif
I only have the one child
roll.png
Its still easier than the dentist though!

I prefer dental procedures (other than cleanings) with the gas. It makes me nice and relaxed; I drift right off and have no idea where I am. It's wonderful -- no worries about the drill for me.
smile.png
My dentist also has a little "jaw rest thingee" to put between the teeth so his patients don't have to think about keeping their mouths open (or have jaw ache after).

Cleanings don't bug me. I like how my teeth feel afterward...nice and clean! (Which reminds me, I just got an appointment card reminder in the mail last week... I'll have to set up another cleaning appointment soon!)

Quote:
I was expecting to see someone from central Phoenix had written this.

I think the greyfields needs to take a trip to Phoenix in 6 months... find out what a gentle dentist is all about.

But I always do tell folks, the more you brush and floss during the next 6 months, the less you will feel it when it comes time to clean them.

One bit of advise. I don't use toothpaste. I use liquid Listerine to brush with & I use a brawn oral B electric (I change the head at least ever 4 months) and I spend the required 3 minutes with it in my mouth 2 to 3 (sometimes more) times a day.

I do use laughing gas for my extremely apprehensive patients.

Well this thread should be fun to come back to... I'm off to my 16 year old's School Choir Christmas Concert.

G'nite y'all.

The last pediatric dentist had me hold down my 3 year old to fill 4 cavities - the laughing gas did nothing.

It took YEARS before she could set foot in a dentists office without vomiting from fear.

I hate dentists more than you.

Back
Top Bottom