I had my feelings hurt today...

Get a back like a duck and build a taller fence. You know tall fences make good neighbors.

My hubby and i have the same issue. We have 2 neighbors that does not like us. We mind our own businness, we go about our day and we leave them to themselves. But every now and then we get a wave or a "Hi", so hang in there and let them swee that you are not going to change because of them.

Remember, YOu are not alone on this one.
smile.png

I know how hurtful this sort of thing can be-we used to live in town and had a neighbor who seemed to love every one except us. We never won him over, but that's his loss.

The old saying "Kill them with kindness" is truly the best advice.

Your place sounds lovely-don't let a couple of nasty people spoil your paradise.

Well, yes, that is part of moving out to the country. Especially when you have moved from Elsewhere and come with very determined Ideas about how you wish to do things. <shrug> It's just the way the world is. Twenty years from now, it won't matter. Be nice to your neighbors anyhow, and hang in there
wink.png

Good luck,

Pat

We moved 2.5 years ago to a 4.5 acre rural home. We have one neighbour who came over and introduced himself by saying...... "If you shoot a deer I will shoot all the windows in your house out" for no reason..... my husband said "actually, my wife feeds the deers so thats not going to happen" some introduction!

I have neighbors that I love and those that I can't stand. It happens and I'm not going to worry too much about it. Unfortunately, I live in the city and don't have a country mile between our properties!
tongue.png

I just try to be nice to everyone by saying hello and either they respond or they don't. I've got too much work to do to let them stress me out!

The best revenge is a well lived life.

We've got acquaintances that are like that in our (Hubs and me) life. Friends to our faces, jealous and backstabbing when not in front of us. (His sisters can be included in that group, oh the stories I could tell on them getting married/knocked up just to compete with us.)

The best thing we can do, return kindness of any sort (even just a head nod) with a smile. And don't trust them as far as we can throw them. We got in the bad habit early in our relationship of living for what other people thought. We finally woke up and started living our life for us, not caring what anyone else thought.

Just remember, not everyone you ever meet is going to love and adore you.

Words.
Words have no power over you unless you give them power to hurt you.

So they don't approve of you, why would you need their approval?

Me personally, I wouldn't spend a second stressing over what someone else thinks of me, and they can say anything they like about me, its not going to change my life one way or the other.

If someone likes me, fine.
If they don't, fine.

I hope this reads as it is intended, and not putting you down, just wanted to point out that it really doesn't matter what they think or say.

Quote:
I absolutely agree here.
The thing is he who gossips to you (no matter what the intent) gossips about you (even in an attempt to put things right).

The person telling you this is probably telling your neighbor your reaction.
All I would ever do is just smile and say you are sorry they seem to feel that way and change the subject.

Never let one drop of unkindness to these people fall from your lips. Wave in a friendly manner when you see them. Say Good morning or whatever to them at every opportunity.

Then when the neighbors are badmouthing you, your true friends will rise to your defense and let them know in no uncertain terms that YOU never say anything bad about THEM and will defend your kindness and good character to the hilt.

Kill em with kindness and rise above the pettyness. Besides, it will make them mad that you are so gracious and nice and they really can't say too much about it without making themselves look like idiots. Muahahaha.

First , don't believe everything a "friend" tells you and second you cannot make everyone like you, believe me I have tried and failed and only hurt myself! Anyone that would tell you this , I would have to question the friendship. Friends build you up, not tare you down. It was not important that you have that information.
I would continue as normal and extend friendship when I had an opportunity. Things like this quite often work themselves out if there is no interference.
hmm.png

Good Luck and continue to enjoy your family in the country!

Back
Top Bottom