I hatched a little pea in my incubator yesterday it's weak

Heidisgran

Songster
6 Years
May 30, 2013
Burleson Texas
My Coop
My Coop
the little chick hatched 3 days early with a rough navel..the navel is dry...the chick has taken 24 hrs to be able to hold it's head up it's starting to push around in the hatcher but isn't on it's feet...it has had b vitamins and water from a syringe
any suggestions?

the little chick hatched 3 days early with a rough navel..the navel is dry...the chick has taken 24 hrs to be able to hold it's head up it's starting to push around in the hatcher but isn't on it's feet...it has had b vitamins and water from a syringe
any suggestions?

Give it a little time, last year I about panicked because one hatched and couldn't hold it's head up straight, it would tip over backwards like it was stargazing and then just fall over. It took him 24 hrs. to gain enough strength to stop doing that. I had another that went about 4 days without drinking and 5 days without eating, and still made it okay. Make sure temp is around 95, and how are it's legs and toes? I put my slow one in a small Tupperware container with a washcloth in it, just enough room to keep them in a normal upright position and dip beak in water every few hours. The vits are good and maybe some "save-a-chick" would help.

any suggestions?
How is it doing?

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom