I HATE Irresponsible pet owners. She's here ..Heavy Sad Pics;(

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoopCrazy

Brooder Boss
10 Years
Mar 3, 2009
Columbus,IN
So I have a friend who invites me over to her friends house. I get there and am greeted at the door by the smallest, sweetest pit bull i have ever met. I immediatly starty crying this sweet baby has mange soo bad that she is entirely bald from her head to her mid barrel. Her face is so swollen and eaten by the mites that she has blood and puss coming out of huge gashes in her skin. She is swollen from the top of her head to all the way down her neck and legs and her paws are massive and burning up. I immediatly get in my car go to the store buy oatmeal bath, aspirin, benadryl, neaosporin, and two kinds of baby lotion with oatmeal thinking to get this sweetie some relief. I then take her into their bathtub and continue bawl my eyes out while i give her a bath and tend her wounds.

I berate the owners for hours about taking her to the vet. Their reason for not taking her is they are afraid the vet will make them put her to sleep, as if no one can force you to put down your own animal. I then tell them if they don't take her to the vet on monday I WILL call animal control and report them.

So they avoid all phone calls and don't answer the door for two days, so i call animal control they say they will check into it. Next day they still haveher d no vet visit, so I call AC again they say they will look into her and again they dont. I do this two more times to no avail. Finally I tell them to surrender the dog to me and i will get her treated they say no.

So I get a call my friend she tells me they have finally decided to give her up. Which is awesome but now i have to house her outside on a tie out because we have an indoor un altered male boxer and children. I dont have adequate fencin for her, i do have housing but I just hate to tie up any dog. I hate not being completly prepared for her but i know even being outside has to be better then what she was living in.
\\
We have an appointment at the vet on MOn. to start treating the mange and hopefully in a couple weeks she can come inside. We just have to make sure she has nothing that either the dog or kids can get.
Sorry this is so long but i am just so frustrated, first they say NO then they say yes but it has to be NOW, I am so mad at my local animal control i could spit on them.

barnie.gif
he.gif

K i think I'm ok now. Just take it one step at a time..it'll be ok...

Last edited:
It will be better, real soon. That poor dog! You are such a good person to take this dog in and care for her. I took in an untreated mangy dog when I lived in Texas, that an owner wouldn't treat. He'd scratch himself and bleed onto the snow. It just broke my heart. He was a wonderful dog.

I don't know what's wrong with some owners or some agencies. I'd be mad and frustrated, too. Hang in there. She'll be so much happier in a very short time.

hugs.gif

Quote:
Yes I did that in their home . I will not allow an animal to be abused ever without speaking up. These are not people that I just met and they knew the consiquences of allowing me into THEIR home. They had this dog for months with NO treatment. I don't feel that a " By the way your dog is bleeding all over me, you should really have that checked out!" would be an appropriate response. I was a Veterinary assitant for 4 years and will not just sit back and watch an animal suffer. They have no voice but by God's good grace I DO.

Last edited:
I think what smom1976 was trying to get at, is that instead of "berating" them in their own home, perhaps you could have taken a less offensive tone and educated them a bit. By taking the offensive in their home they felt you were attacking them, which you were, and immediately went on the defensive. They may have responded better to a little more compassion for their ignorance.

Thank you all for your kind responses. I know she will be a very happy girl in a few weeks. After she is treated she will be fixed and move inside.

Quote:
Yes I did that in their home . I will not allow an animal to be abused ever without speaking up. These are not people that I just met and they knew the consiquences of allowing me into THEIR home. They had this dog for months with NO treatment. I don't feel that a " By the way your dog is bleeding all over me, you should really have that checked out!" would be an appropriate response. I was a Veterinary assitant for 4 years and will not just sit back and watch an animal suffer. They have no voice but by God's good grace I DO.

They should hve been ashamed at how they treated (or did not treat) their dog! Not worrying about if a friend is giving their dog medical care "IN THEIR HOUSE"!!
roll.png
Thank God you were this poor dogs voice!!!
clap.gif

Quote:
I apologize if i did'nt explain in the original post. But they knew what she had and what the treatment was they just refused to follow thru with out. I was alittle angry when I wrote the OP so maybe it sounded if i screamed and was very hateful to the people I was not and I have known them for years. Albiet not closely. I had spoken to them about it in the past and was assured that treatment had been followed thru.

To anyone who feels i was rude or incosiderate i humbly apologize. This i feel is why communication thru computers is not always the best simply because the human emotion is gone.

Who cares if you offended them. I am sick and tired of people that abuse animals. You did a good thing and it took courage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom