I hate jetlag

cameron

Songster
9 Years
Sep 5, 2010
Just returned from Australia 2 days ago after spending 12 days hunting boar and bulls in Cape York, Queensland. Gotta go back to my daily grind in about 6 hours and my hours are still all jacked up! I get tired about 4am, then sleep till noon. This morning I made myself wake up at 7am after 3 hours of sleep. Stayed up all day, and have been tired, but now I can't sleep!

Couple snorts out of the ol moonshine jar might put me out...

I think after returning from an English vacation I didn't sleep at all for two days straight
lol.png

I know how it feels.
hugs.gif

Did you have a good time in Aus?
pop.gif

If you had another day... I'd recommend my sure-fire fixer... a really, really goood book... one that keeps me up all night and all the next day. Heck, sometimes a good sequel is in order. Then you sleep like a baby
tongue.png

From the person who does not need to change timezones to mess up her sleep schedule
roll.png

But congratulations on Aussie land! It's a fun place
big_smile.png

ray's two cents :

I think after returning from an English vacation I didn't sleep at all for two days straight
lol.png

I know how it feels.
hugs.gif

Did you have a good time in Aus?
pop.gif

Oh lord, it was a blast. Everything I hoped for and more. Took some outstanding critters with my bow, saw things I'd only seen in zoos, slept under stars that were so bright I couldn't lay on my back. I'd love to go back but I'd be afraid my 2nd trip wouldn't top this one!​

Quote:
Oh lord, it was a blast. Everything I hoped for and more. Took some outstanding critters with my bow, saw things I'd only seen in zoos, slept under stars that were so bright I couldn't lay on my back. I'd love to go back but I'd be afraid my 2nd trip wouldn't top this one!

There are some really wacky animals in Australia.
big_smile.png

Did you see any emus? I love emus.
As I live in the city the stars aren't all that bright at all. I've been searching unsuccessfully for the Southern Cross for years.
th.gif

I tried to find the southern cross but I suck at reading stars.

Yes, saw 3 emus. A single and a pair.

No dropbears, but I made sure to eat my vegemite to keep them away. Can't see how yall like that stuff! Tastes like equal parts of molasses and salt mixed together! Did eat a TON of yabbies tho!!!

Saw goannas, brumbies, crocs, taipans, and ran over a wallaby outside of mareeba!

Wow, even I haven't seen a goanna
lol.png
They probably live too far out in the country, where I haven't spent much time
tongue.png

People see things in stars, I can never seem to grasp it
idunno.gif

Not all Aussies like vegemite
old.gif

There are a number of us who are anti-vegemite.
lol.png

No dropbears, but I made sure to eat my vegemite to keep them away.

Ahhh I see some Aussies already initiated you into how to prevent dropbears from attacking....most people here in the US would think that vegemite would stop anything from attacking
lau.gif

Wow..theres an idea! I should post over on Preditors and Pests forum...make a fortune selling Vegemite!​

ray's two cents :

Not all Aussies like vegemite
old.gif

There are a number of us who are anti-vegemite.
lol.png

Yup, some prefer marmite.

As to jet lag, I find the key is to hydrate and keep the muscles moving so they don't cramp during the flight. In other words, drink lots of water and walk around a lot on the plane.
It works well- the more water I drink, the more I have to walk around.

Then, when I land, I just go into the schedule of the location where I am, avoid naps or anything, just switch over to the new schedule. Coffee helps too
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom