I hate jetlag

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by cameron, Oct 17, 2011.

1. cameron

cameron Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2010
    Just returned from Australia 2 days ago after spending 12 days hunting boar and bulls in Cape York, Queensland. Gotta go back to my daily grind in about 6 hours and my hours are still all jacked up! I get tired about 4am, then sleep till noon. This morning I made myself wake up at 7am after 3 hours of sleep. Stayed up all day, and have been tired, but now I can't sleep!

Couple snorts out of the ol moonshine jar might put me out...

2. Fierlin1182

Fierlin1182 powered-flight

Aug 26, 2011
    I think after returning from an English vacation I didn't sleep at all for two days straight [​IMG]
    I know how it feels. [​IMG]
    Did you have a good time in Aus? [​IMG]

3. Squishy

Squishy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Florida
    If you had another day... I'd recommend my sure-fire fixer... a really, really goood book... one that keeps me up all night and all the next day. Heck, sometimes a good sequel is in order. Then you sleep like a baby [​IMG]

From the person who does not need to change timezones to mess up her sleep schedule [​IMG]

But congratulations on Aussie land! It's a fun place [​IMG]

4. cameron

Sep 5, 2010
    ray's two cents :

I think after returning from an English vacation I didn't sleep at all for two days straight [​IMG]
    I know how it feels. [​IMG]
    Did you have a good time in Aus? [​IMG]

Oh lord, it was a blast. Everything I hoped for and more. Took some outstanding critters with my bow, saw things I'd only seen in zoos, slept under stars that were so bright I couldn't lay on my back. I'd love to go back but I'd be afraid my 2nd trip wouldn't top this one!​

5. Fierlin1182

Aug 26, 2011
    Quote:Oh lord, it was a blast. Everything I hoped for and more. Took some outstanding critters with my bow, saw things I'd only seen in zoos, slept under stars that were so bright I couldn't lay on my back. I'd love to go back but I'd be afraid my 2nd trip wouldn't top this one!

There are some really wacky animals in Australia. [​IMG]
    Did you see any emus? I love emus.
    As I live in the city the stars aren't all that bright at all. I've been searching unsuccessfully for the Southern Cross for years. [​IMG]

6. Squishy

Squishy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Florida
    [​IMG]

Did you see the dropbears?? Really awesome....

7. cameron

Sep 5, 2010
    I tried to find the southern cross but I suck at reading stars.

Yes, saw 3 emus. A single and a pair.

No dropbears, but I made sure to eat my vegemite to keep them away. Can't see how yall like that stuff! Tastes like equal parts of molasses and salt mixed together! Did eat a TON of yabbies tho!!!

Saw goannas, brumbies, crocs, taipans, and ran over a wallaby outside of mareeba!

8. Fierlin1182

Aug 26, 2011
    Wow, even I haven't seen a goanna [​IMG] They probably live too far out in the country, where I haven't spent much time [​IMG]
    People see things in stars, I can never seem to grasp it [​IMG]

Not all Aussies like vegemite [​IMG]
    There are a number of us who are anti-vegemite. [​IMG]

9. ChooksinChoppers

ChooksinChoppers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Ocala, Florida.
    No dropbears, but I made sure to eat my vegemite to keep them away.

Ahhh I see some Aussies already initiated you into how to prevent dropbears from attacking....most people here in the US would think that vegemite would stop anything from attacking [​IMG]
    Wow..theres an idea! I should post over on Preditors and Pests forum...make a fortune selling Vegemite!​

10. Gargoyle

Gargoyle Overrun With Chickens

Apr 13, 2011
    Fox Valley, IL
    My Coop
    ray's two cents :

Not all Aussies like vegemite [​IMG]
    There are a number of us who are anti-vegemite. [​IMG]

Yup, some prefer marmite.

As to jet lag, I find the key is to hydrate and keep the muscles moving so they don't cramp during the flight. In other words, drink lots of water and walk around a lot on the plane.
    It works well- the more water I drink, the more I have to walk around.

Then, when I land, I just go into the schedule of the location where I am, avoid naps or anything, just switch over to the new schedule. Coffee helps too [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by