I HATE MICROSOFT! (long rant)

I might be the odd man out but I've never had a problem and I have Vista and Office, but I also have a Dell computer, the code was on the package all set up so all I had to do was enter it

so I called them again this morning at 8:30. I got a recording telling me that they were closed and I should call back between the hours of 6am and 6pm.

Quote:
So was mine until after 3 months it decided the code was not valid. Best Buy (never buying from again!) would not cover anything even after paying for their "cover everything" warranty.

I just gave up and went mac too. It takes some getting used to as it is different, but it works great.
Mac is now more comparable in price. I hope you get things worked out, i know what a bummer it is to not get answers.
If you mention the Better Business Bureau and/or consumer protection......they become much more helpful
smile.png

I always forget which one is better to mention, but look into it. I think it is BBB.

farrier! :

Quote:
So was mine until after 3 months it decided the code was not valid. Best Buy (never buying from again!) would not cover anything even after paying for their "cover everything" warranty.

They forgot to tell you that some software that they advertise as coming with the computer is actually trial software. If you have XP though most of it can be found in open source software for free though.​

i got mine stright from Dell, My DH is an IT but I was able to set this computer up myself. the next one I buy will also come stright from Dell.

I got rid of any 'trial' software right away, and got real picky what was put on, if I didn't need it I told them not to put it on

Last edited:
Quote:
if yr odd then I will be odd with ya...lol

I have never had a problem with Vista Home Premium ....Vista Basic is a piece of chicken poo

the key with Vista is make sure all your updates and service packs are done

I did however have a problem with Vista and IE8... kept on popping up hundreds of internet windows all by itself but switched to firefox and am MUCH happier and it makes me look smart cause it will tell me when i have made a spelling error...lol

ETA:
I have a Dell and a Compaq, and an HP all running windows vista

(i know i know Compaq and HP are the same company different labels..lol)

Last edited by a moderator:
See if you can find a copy of the Windows 7 beta version to download. This is currently what I'm using, after using vista on my laptop for nearly two years. Even though windows 7 is still just in its beginning stages, I find it to be a whole lot better than vista. It looks nicer, it moves very fast, and was easy to download. It's basically the newer version of vista but a lot of people don't seem to know about it.

I was having an issue with my computer running very slow. I started to get scared thinking I had a virus or something else on my computer was failing. A friend loaded Windows 7 and my computer works like new again, even though I have a ton of music and pictures loaded on it!

Also, you might want to see if you can return that computer and buy from another company. Doesn't sound like Gateway has been too helpful. My room mate has a gateway laptop and her screen just stopped working the other day. She's been having a tough time with the company also.

Back
Top Bottom