I HATE MICROSOFT! (long rant)

Windows 7 is AMAZING....
big_smile.png

Quote:
really?... what makes it so amazing?

when DH and I bought our new laptops a month ago it came with an offer to upgrade to windows 7 from vista for free...we were waiting for feedback before we did it though

I have a POS Acer Aspire. For some reason, it randomly disconnects from the internet, loses hardware, disk drive falls out.....keyboard stops working, mousepad stops working. You get the picture.

When I upgraded to Windows 7, the wireless connection stopped disconnecting (for a short time). When it did disconnect, it alerted me then fixed the problem itself!!!!

It runs faster, is easier to navigate, searches...works great! I absolutely love it!

Ubuntu and Open Office for the WIN

If all else fails, temporarily install Ubuntu and Open Office and use that to type your work. Then, when Microsoft pulls it's head out of it's collective rear end and answers the phone, use the restoration disk that came with your computer and reinstall Vista (if you must) and have Microsoft work you through the debuggers.

I have windows vista here. When the window pops up asking for a product key I just click exit or cancel and it lets me use the program.

Quote:
Ubuntu or Kubuntu are both excellent. You may have to get some help with your wireless though. It seems that microsoft has a contract with many of the wireless hardware providers NOT to release codes to make the hardware for wireless work without a fix. It is their way of keeping control, but the fix's are easy and usually found with a online search.

BTW Simpy Mepis has a online forum that is very helpful in fixing bugs it is why I use Mepis.

Last edited:
Yes, go and download OPEN OFFICE
http://www.openoffice.org/

I hate microsoft also. When I bought a new cpu and and motherboard for my old computer windows wouldn't work anymore. I kept getting pop-up thing that said that copy of windows was installed on another computer.

Now that I don't game anymore, I've been thinking about going back to Linux.

Quote:
From what I understand Vista has blocks on it for open office, unless the providers of open source have found a way around it. This has been one of the biggest complaints about Vista it the locking out of non microsoft software.

Quote:
Ditto.

You can even install Ubuntu as a dual boot (you can keep Vista installed and then at boot up, you tell the computer which operating system to use).

Feller has his laptop set up this way and on those very rare times that he can't get ubuntu to connect with a wireless connection (like now whilst he is in San Francisco), he will break down and boot into Vista.

Back
Top Bottom