i HATE mosquitos!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by PotterWatch, Mar 30, 2009.

1. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Argh!!!!! I have so many mosquito bites right now, I feel like I am back in Alaska. Over the years, I have gotten more and more sensitive to mosquito bites so that now I get huge welts that turn bright red and are hard and hot to the touch. I am outside much more when the mosquitos are out now since I do milking around dusk. I hate putting on repellant every time I go out, but I think I am going to have to start. Stupid mosquitos...

2. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    bzzzz

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    i'm gonna try what a few people have told me this year..*we also have bad mosquitos here...we live by water* spray the lawn with the origional (yellow) listerine....i know..sounds weird!..but people say it works...good luck!

4. hennypenny9

hennypenny9 Chillin' With My Peeps

I hate during the summer, when you're about to fall asleep, and you hear it. Eeeeeeeeeeeee....

We lived near a swamp. 'Nuff said.

5. mamaKate

mamaKate Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2008
    SE MO
    Our skeeters aren't awake yet. I gave up on repellants. I just cover up. If the clothes are baggy enough, it helps. Also, wash any bites as soon as you come in and put fresh aloe on them. I've been bitten so many times that I have a little immunity. Has anybody tried a Thermocell?

6. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    Quote:[​IMG]

te he he....Eeeeeeeeeeeee....

7. Feathers Acres

Feathers Acres Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Michigan
    Heather, I'd be lucky to hear, no. See a bug.

But good news, its frog season. Drove out to TSC last weekend and the weather was nice so I rolled down the windows, and when we got down the road with all the ponds all we heard was "Crock, crock, crock" like there were literaly hundreds of em'.

Wish I lived in your weather, I hate the four seasons. I'd like to stick to one and not change my wardrobe every 4 or so months LOL [​IMG] .

Ribbit [​IMG]

8. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    crock crock crock....

[​IMG]

9. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Try avon skin so soft! ______ I have also heard rubbing a dryer sheet on helps. Micah

10. breconbcs

breconbcs Out Of The Brooder

Mar 4, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Last year I tried garlic oil. I got it from a nursery store. You buy it as a concentrate and add it to water in a pump pot and spray it around your yard. We have a bad time with mosquitos as we live in a forested area that is not well taken care of so there are always little puddles for them to breed in. Last year I decided to try this as we don't use chemicals. It worked really well. PITA neighbours didn't like it cause of course the area smelled like garlic for most of the day when I sprayed but the smell goes away and it lasted about two months before I had to reapply.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by