I hate my chickens!! however I am starting to like them again pg 5

That has got to be the saddest things I have heard recently. Someone who doesn't really like their chickens. And I really don't mean to sound irritating or anything here, but what our hens give us is a gift, not something they owe us. We take care of our animals because we are the responsible party and we care for them as living beings. Not Only because they give us something. They don't Actually OWE us anything. So, while I am sorry you are upset with your chickens, they haven't actually done anything wrong. Just my own thoughts out loud on the subject. Hoping you will soon fall in love with your chickens once again

My girls are down on production, too. We live in Florida and it is how and sticky with lots of rain lately. My neighbors are hoping thing pick up soon - I give them most of the eggs!

Quote:
I was not getting eggs either and Dh found a 7 foot black snake in one of the coops! He was big and fat from MY eggs(the snake, not my husband)
lol.png
!!! The next day, and everyday since I have gotten and egg from each hen!! We are outside all the time and never saw anything and the chickens nor the pheasants pitched a fit or anything!!
barnie.gif

Ok before someone goes all HITMAN and starts shooting at me
Have you ever sayed you hate someone or something in frustration?

thats what I was doing,I never implyed that I am or going to get rid of any of my chickens in any shape,form.or fashion(except maybe my roo that keeps hiding and ambushing me when I walk by)

So will you stop throwing me under the bus,please?

I have raised chickens before and understand all the factors involved in getting eggs from my hens

I was just making a non meaningful aggravated statement

Well I had to rehome many of my best layers to make room for my Ameraucana juvies.

So now I'm getting 2 to 3 eggs a day out of 5 layers.

And even though it hasn't been over 100 here yet in June (that in itself is a miracle thanks to Global Warming), my remaining girls keep laying.

I have 2 black stars, 1 partridge rock, 1 RIR and 1 EE. The black stars seldom miss a day... they are amazing.

Quote:
no they stay within site of where I sit because of the neighbors cats

my girls free range for most of the afternoon... but yeah they are unsupervised until i go out with the dogs..(cant trust the puppy yet)

dont feel bad about being thrown under the bus...i just wanted to reach through the monitor and give someone the what for! (in other words a good wack!) for someone to suggest that we dont care about our chickens or collect our eggs enough or provide nests or visit with our chickens enough...ummm yeah ok... thats why i spend a few hours each day on a chicken forum....

Darn it...i started a rant....off to thread hijackers anonymous thread i guess....

eta: I cant spell even with spell check

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom