I hate my RIRs :(

I have two RIR hens and one roo and they are all sweet! Strange! I would sell them...craigslist is great for that...especially if they are pullets or hens. I sell mine between $8-$15 and they are gone before you know it!

LOL Mine where mean to until they started layin! They was tearin all my other chickens up, so I just put them in with the turkeys til they calmed down... Well, it worked!

Quote:
Yes, that's the one I read. Thanks.

welcome
smile.png

dancingbear You wrote, It was full of silliness about not letting roos mate in front of you, which is one of the most absurd things I've ever heard.

I don't think I'm fast enought to stop my roo from mating. He's too fast for me. LOL

My RIR's, roo's and hen's follow me around like little puppies. I would not give them up for anything. I think I have them spoiled.
gig.gif

We had several RIRs a few years ago and enjoyed their personalities. We were lucky enough to free range them. Our smallest Max Mad was the most fun as she always found somebody on the property to pick her up and carry her around.

BTW- I'm new to BYC and love it. I have been raising chickens for about 4 years; wished I found this site sooner.

Quote:
dancingbear, are we talking about the same thread, the one I read said something about holding the roo in your arms until it stops making noises, and to do this for a week and if that doesn't work hang them upside down but being careful and somethings like that?

GB, I saw the link to the article you meant, and no, it's not the same one. The one I'd read was really ridiculous, but the one linked in this thread sounds pretty reasonable. Sorry for the confusion!

I have 3 RIRs and I really like them. They were very nice as chicks and started laying around 20 weeks and now, they lay a lot. I wouldn't say they are the most loving chickens, but mine are not mean. I am convinced that chickens are like people, some are nice, some not so much.

Back
Top Bottom