I hate to sound like an idiot, but...a few questions...

Yep, I kept the light on all the time for the first couple weeks. Just make sure they have a place where they can get away from it to cool down if they get too hot.
smile.png
good luck and congratz!

Quote:
Yes, Wilco, they AMAZINGLY are going to have ALL the breeds I want!!
WOO HOO!!
wee.gif

We are getting 2 Buff Orpingtons, and 2 Golden Laced Wyandottes tomorrow, and in a few more weeks, they will be getting Speckled Sussex, and Silver Laced Wyandottes.

Quote:
I am glad to know I'm not the ONLY one with basic questions!! I know to all you poultry pros these are probably no brainer questions
old.gif

But for all of us first timers...we need ALL the help we can get!!

Oh good, I can sneak my question in here.
I cannot get the chick feeder to go together. It is like the top doesn't fit the bottom. Are they supposed to snap or fit together tightly? I can't imagine that the top of this thing wouldn't get knocked off in 30 seconds. It's a metal feeder.

Quote:
Pm me if you have questions. We have been through two batches of babies, and have a broddy mama with three peeps in the hen house. I think I am finally gettin the hang of this!

I'll keep you in mind, thanks so much!!

OH THE AGONY!!!!!
We went to Wilco BRIGHT AND EARLY to get the best chicks, and found loads of empty brooders.......
THEY HAD THE DATE WRONG!! They don't come until tomorrow!
hit.gif

They had March 10 on their list of chicks, but they don't come in until March11......How disappointing!!! My poor 3 yr old daughter was on the verge of tears, she was really looking forward to getting them today.
I'm not sure we can make it another 24 hours!!!!! GGGAAAAAHHH!!!!
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom