I hate....

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by suzyq53511, Aug 27, 2010.

1. suzyq53511

suzyq53511 Drowning in Chickens!

Apr 30, 2010
    Beloit
    being alone at night. Freaks me out. Anyone else have this problem?

2. Gerbil

Gerbil Oh, Crazy!

Jun 24, 2010
    I like the woods at night, but being in a house or any building alone at night..... *shivers*

3. MaggieRae

MaggieRae Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    North Texas
    No way! I love late Friday evenings when I'm all alone and there aren't any guests... It's even better after a night on the town because that entails that I stopped by the book store on the way home and have a book to read until the wee hours of the morning. Lovely. [​IMG]

4. suzyq53511

Apr 30, 2010
    Beloit
    I am afraid of whats IN the dark at night....I am getting use to it. I should love it with two young kids....

5. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    Awww, don't worry, everything will be OK. I know it's new for you but you'll get used to it. Try to learn to enjoy the peace & quiet and personal space. Pamper yourself with a long bubble bath. Watch comedies on TV. Call your friends. Or BYC! [​IMG]

6. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    I know what you mean, all of the sudden I feel like I'm in a fishbowl.

That's why I now have several guns I am very well trained with and 2 big dogs- who are not very well trained! [​IMG]

ETA, nothing like a couple of big, fierce sounding galoots on your feet at night. I have made sure all windows and doors have good locks and that the lights outside are on motion sensors. Other than that, I hang out here!

Luckily, DH isn't gone very often anymore. The worst for me was traveling for work and I spent nights in a hotel/motel room. I started taking the Lab with me!

Last edited: Aug 27, 2010
  7. suzyq53511

Apr 30, 2010
    Beloit
    I have a yippie rat terrier who is big for his breed. He would die for me! I should really get another dog for his and my sanity lol.

8. downstownlady

downstownlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Conroe, TX
    Nah...It is way scarrier in my house than outside. [​IMG] If an someone were to break in in the shape that my house was in with 3 kids and a yappy little dog, 2 guinea pigs that sound like they are growling when you get near their cage...they would run, and I mean [​IMG] run like the wind to get out of here. Plus I have an big old husky puppy outside that is almost full grown that would tackle him and lick [​IMG] the face right off of someone...and a Rooster. [​IMG] What's to be scared of [​IMG] outside or being alone? [​IMG] LOL

9. suzyq53511

Apr 30, 2010
    Beloit
    Bad experiences....

10. A1 Steak Sauce

A1 Steak Sauce Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2009
    My House
    Quote:Exactly that.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by