I have 1 really dizzy Goose

tonycarbs

Chirping
11 Years
Jul 1, 2009
Have a female white chinese who doesn't anything visible wrong with her legs or feet, but falls over all the time and stumbles around.

She gets around and eats and drinks plenty, even swims, but falls over in the water and someones when walking randomly.

Any idea whats wrong with her and if there's something I could do? Noticed it 4 days ago. She's still really active.

One of my geese had a strange incident where she got her mouth stuck open in the fence. i didn't find her until the afternoon because I was at work all day. When I finally freed her she was very unbalanced. I imagine it was from being in that strange position for so long but I also think she was in a bit of shock. She got over it after a few days. Could something have happened to your goose that maybe you are unaware. Any injuries that you might not notice at first glance?

I also find that they can be a little trippy if they go broody and just sit and don't eat enough and aren't used to walking around as much. Does she maybe sit in one spot often? I'm just throwing things out there.

She's not broody as she's just 3-4 months old. No visible scars or marks as well.

I am beginning to think that geese and other poultry sometimes need extra B vitamins. I am starting to put some brewers yeast (NOT the kind you use to bake bread with) in their food, It has lots of b vitamins in it, I also discovered that baby cereal, the dry flakes, has lots of B vitamins. I hope it helps because I have a chinese gosling that is acting like its legs bother it. We will see.

hmm.png
sounds like my 5yr old with fluid in her ear..has boughts of walking into/tripping up stairs and falling over her own feet...anyway..

my mate brought a calldrake and it was a year old and the breeder said it was too young for freeranging/the pond. we thought this strange so we got him home (he was expensive too) and he was so badly bred (probably in bred) that his legs where set back too far on his body! he was perfect for showing except for the fact he could'nt walk five paces without falling on his chest and breeding!

also i have a new 6month old american buff goose who seems to stumble around and walk into things-clumsy chloe..lol but shes clear eyed and fine most of the time buts shes worse when its dark.
hopefully yours will get stronger and better with time...

I am so sorry! It is frustrating losing an animal and not having any clue what happened. I once had a gorgeous Ancona duck who seemed to die of poisoning of some type. We think she ate bad mushrooms even though
most waterfowl know better. She was fascinated by toadstools and we would see her go after them while our other ducks would be freaking and flapping and warning her not to go near them-go figure!

My male Pigrim goose started staggering, stumbling around today. A few hours later he seemed ok. Then tonite I checked on him and he is all wobbly acting again. Does anyone know what could cause this? I noticed some mushrooms in the yard.
sad.png

Did you have any others die?

Back
Top Bottom