I have a confession to make......

Katy

Flock Mistress
12 Years
Jun 29, 2007
Kansas~50+ yrs of chickens
Ok....I must confess I caved. Couldn't handle the incubators not going anymore. Got some eggs from Jody, with some more on the way.
roll.png

Last edited:
Don't feel bad - I'm sure the enablers will feel they did their duty. I'm really tempted, but have put my bator in a big dark bag and hid it in the basement so I can't look at it. Of course, I'm on an egg waiting list for April already. Not to mention I have 13 chicks right now in a big dog crate waiting to go outside.
tongue.png

Welcome to the Club. I had 5 hatch between yesterday and today. I am doing my first staggered hatch and I will not do this again. I got 5 out of 7 from this group the two died quite recently, one today without pipping. Good Luck with you hatch.

It's all you guys' (and you know who you are!!) and my silkies fault!! All of my last chicks are outside in the coop now except for 6 little silkies that are still in my basement. If I didn't have to go down to take care of them and see those incubator setting empty and read about the eggs hatching for the rest of you I could have made it!!
smile.png

We are going on vacation the last week in March and so I thought it would be best to wait until then, but it is REALLY hard not to hatch something. And I have only done it once.
roll.png

Did you get your BLRW from the same person as before?

I have no room to hatch and keep but I would LOVE to hatch and sell or give away, I just don't know enough folks to take them.....I would like to build an incubator. The kids would love doing it. Should I??? I think my husband would KILL me. God, who knew this chicken thing could be so addicting!

Back
Top Bottom