I Have a deer, am clueless, but processed it anyways - UPDATE

Good for you!!! I think that must of been kinda hard for the first time. Bambi was dead, and now will feed more than vultures. I'm not sure I could have done it. All the deer I see dead here are well dead.

mom'sfolly :

Good for you!!! I think that must of been kinda hard for the first time. Bambi was dead, and now will feed more than vultures. I'm not sure I could have done it. All the deer I see dead here are well dead.

dont think of it as "old" and "dead",,,,, think,,,,,,, BEEF JERKY
big_smile.png

lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

PC..the main thing with eating deer meat is cooking it correctly...use lots of flavors with it..onion....garlic..etc...for instance if you fry up a deer steak,fry some onions with it also....cooking it in a stew(like beef stew) sounds yummy!..
tongue.png
..google recipes for it...deer meat is good....enjoy!

Quote:
Yuck!!!
sickbyc.gif

PC, I don't know if I would brave eating a deer that I didn't freshly shoot...but that's just me....I also don't order seafood unless I'm in sight of a beach...good luck!!!

Make it like Steak Fingers - good old Venison Fingers are my kids favorite. I use it a lot in Chili and other ground meat dishes. It tastes better if mixed with pork and seasoned well. Over all it is normally tender and less fatty than pork and beef. And if you are brave enough jerky and sausage are wonderful made with venison. Just be sure to mix enough pork fat into sausage or it becomes too dry. Your local butcher can help you with seasonings and skins for sausage.

Holy Crap that is amazing that you did that all on your own!!!!!

Guess who will be hunting next year? Probably YOU!!

I didn't know you couldn't say crap on this board....when i spelled that it showed up as crud...haha!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I went hunting for the first time in my life this year. After processing and putting all that meat in my freezer, I'm a lifelong hunter now...

I love how lean the deer meat is...

Back
Top Bottom