I have a ? for you oegb people!!!

Not an OEG person but - You'll get 50% fawn duckwings and 50% silver duckwings assuming she's a Silver Fawn.

OK so maybe this is a stupid question. But what is the differance between a silver fawn and a fawn?? I guess i am just kinda confused..
hu.gif

Well again I'm no OEG person, so I don't know if a Fawn female is supposed to be silver or gold based, but basically "Fawn" itself refers to the dun gene on Duckwing OEG's. I believe they're usually always silver though. Someone else would better explain it.

Is your fawn hen with gold or white on the neck? Is she a light grayish color overall or more of a darker brown color overall?

Regardless, you'll get 50/50 fawns and normal duckwings.

Wow I am kinda new to all of this. I didn't realize all the different traits. But she is mostly white on her neck but on down her body she is goldish. She doesn't have any silver on her.. And thanks for your comments even tho your not an oeg person it still helps..

A silver fawn duckwing is simply a silver duckwing that has the dilutor gene 'Dun' added to it, which changes the body color from black to the light brown color. Illia was correct, on that mating you will get some of each. That is how people that breed silver fawn duckwings keep the color dark and keeps it from getting too light, crossing with silver duckwing.

Back
Top Bottom